“Quality and service has declined”
Review of Cavalier Diner

Cavalier Diner
Ranked #159 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Brunch Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Went there for breakfast on Saturday morning about 7:30. No one was in there except for boss and waitress, yet he had to ask her three times to bring us coffee, check, etc! Also ordered omelet, pancakes. The omelet was dry and the tomatoes seemed canned, not fresh. Pancakes for wife and child were dry. Heck even the coffee was weak. In my mind, a Greek diner should have pretty good coffee, not coffee house quality, but not Nescafe either.

I have eaten better breakfasts there many times in the past, but the past two times there (several months apart) the food and service were average at best. They need to work on doing better.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch or dinner this is always a great place to meet a friend for a meal.

5  Thank Caroline Y
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had what I believe was called a Greek Pizza. Very good. Great service. It was directly across the street from The English Inn, which is where we were staying, so very convenient!

5  Thank KennG1948
Reviewed March 26, 2012

went with some friends this past weekend, and all 4 of us were stoked, just simply great breakfast food....some of the best pancakes i have ever put in my mouth! Got some good hashbrowns and grits too, just had to try it all! My buddy who had french toast wouldn't share, so I guess it was too good to part with, guess I'll try it next time!

5  Thank kawasakidude
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Tried the Cav Diner for the first time today. We both had omelets which came with either hash browns or grits and biscuits or toast. The omelets were good and the biscuits were great. Coffee was ok. The person at the next table got biscuits with gravy and the gravy was homemade- it looked really good. Service was very nice and friendly. The only bad point was the person who sat in the booth before me had obviously spilled something greasy and clear on the seat so when I put my hand down it got icky. But it was only in one spot and was clear- no way they could have seen it. The rest of the table and everything was clean.

Parking was limited- we parked along the road in back.

5  Thank chloesmomNJ