“Pleasant surprise”

Tara Thai
Ranked #161 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had plans to go out to one of Charlottesville's best, but when a nasty cold hit one of us, decided that would be a wasted effort. We happened upon Tara Thai, and were very pleased with every aspect of our experience. Food was fresh and hot and good. Prices are reasonable. Service was pleasant and efficient. If we were residents, this would surely be a place we would visit again.

1  Thank d t

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I went there for lunch. The place was not busy but I decided to take a chance. I wish that I had not.

I had to wait forever for service and when the appetizer and entree were finally brought to the table, both over-salted and undercooked. The shrimp were raw.

I sent the appetizer back but was still charged for it. When I asked why I was charged for it, I was told I had eaten it.

No use arguing. I paid my tab and left. I will not return.

2  Thank M P
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Time tested and proven. Dining here is a no-brainer during my occasional visits to Charlottesville. The Pad Thai and Kee Mao Goong Gai are consistently my favorites. Recently tried the Fire Red Curry which will soon make my list of favorites. Overall, a Thai dining experience worthy of remembrance. One note - if you enjoy extra spicy dishes, ask the waitstaff to increase the level of spices. Although the menu may indicate the meal as spicy (3 chili pepper icon), the meal may still be mild to regular eater of spicy dishes.

1  Thank Dapper D
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

the food was good. the service was ok. the atmosphere was ok. the bathroom was not clean. overall will repeat it again

1  Thank jack_et_jill
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were terribly dissapointed by the food; the spring rolls were flavorless and both main dishes we ordered were very sweet. Other items on the menu might be better, but we will not be going back to find out. The service was very friendly.

1  Thank SuzzaneA