“delicious food and great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zinc - CLOSED

Zinc
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th St. NW
Transit: Bus and free trolley stops within half block of restaurant.
Description: Seasonally Inspired, Locally Acquired. Set in a whimsical atmosphere of a converted auto service station at the heart of Midtown, Chef Justin Hershey works closely with local farmers in creating his seasonally inspired progressive American menu. Zinc's local-centric sensibility is also reflected in the wine and cocktail offerings. Enjoy warm weather aperitifs and dining on the spacious patio.
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
“delicious food and great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Zinc was a pleasant surprise. The service was attentive, the food was innovative and tasty, the atmosphere was relaxed and cool. We especially loved the apple and onion soup and the scallop dish. Only minus was that the dining room was very cold! We will be back, albeit with warmer clothes!

• Visited October 2011

North Carolina
“nice atmosphere, left hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is a cute restaurant, right off the mall with a great menu and service. We had an appetizer, bread, and entrees and I still left hungry. Everything I had tasted good, but it was nothing special for $80.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank UNC_Missy
Connecticut
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Great food! This place is in a little "foodie" enclave with other restaurants and food shops. I could have stayed for days testing all of the places. Zinc is very casual but the service and the food are NOT! Perfectly unadulterated fresh heirloom tomatoes, great tuna tare tare, excellent house made bratworst. Great wine list as well.

• Visited August 2011
Rockville, Maryland
“AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I went to Zing on Sunday night of July 4th weekend. It was surprisingly empty which confused us based on the reviews we saw on yelp. Either way we parked in the back and headed in. From this moment on it was all great!

We sat down at our table and a friendly waitress brought us our menus. We stared off with the cheese sampler (I forgot to mention that all of the food here is local). The cheese platter was beautiful and delicious. It had three cheeses, goats, cows, and sheep along with a delicious bread and apples, grapes, and walnuts. My wife and I both loved it.

For the main course I ordered the scallops and my wife the trout. Both were perfect! The scallops were cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The potatoes were delicious. My wife's trout was great, the grilled cauliflower delicious, and the chickpea cake was unique and wonderful.

For dessert we both had coffee and ordered the creme brulee'. The dessert was wonderful.

Over all we had a wonderful experience. The restaurant is a little pricey, but thats to be expected when you get locally grown and raised food!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Rubinstt
DC
“Yeah, Zinc!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Loved it. Came in , solo, on a business trip, for a quick bite. ordered steak. got steak plus!
next night. repeat, but fish this time. fresh. rockfish plus.
you should be so lucky as to live near zinc.

• Visited April 2011