“A new venue but they gutted the place...”
Review of Jefferson Theater

Jefferson Theater
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was expecting a little better finish work since the Jefferson was such a classic old theater before they made it into a new venue. Too bad they gutted most of it to produce a new place for younger crowd rock bands future rock star hopefuls...

We went there for a Led Zepplin cover... Even for them, the decibel level in the place was way above 100db... good thing we had ear plugs or we would have been deaf in the 1st 10 minutes... The staff running the audio console were over driving the microphones trying to keep up with the music volume and they were buzzing, humming and feeding back.

It would have been much more pleasurable with just about 10 db less volume. (still over 90).

Also... it's too bad they gutted the place. With the exception of the side boxes which were stuffed with soundproofing and not accessible to the crowd, There is little left inside of the original
Jefferson Theater that represents the class and elegance they old theater used to have.

Won't go there again.

2  Thank Tom H
There are newer reviews for Jefferson Theater

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Saw Jeff Mangum here in February 2013, which was my first visit to this theater. Small venue (something like 100 people max) with a standing-only area just in front of the stage. Very cosy. Great atmosphere for small concerts.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Relatively small venue, but makes for a great experience for live music. Two bars make it easy to get a drink and the large area in front of the stage is great for getting a good view of the band. There is also plenty standing room just inside the entry way and a balcony if you want to find a seat.

1  Thank Row_Jimmy724
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to the Jefferson Theater twice in February and I definitely plan to return. It's a beautiful venue in an excellent location. I'm sure it also depends on the show you're going to see, as I really enjoyed both of the ones I went to, but I had an absolute blast. Drinks are a little pricey. There aren't many places to sit - that didn't bother me, but if you have a hard time standing up for extended periods, you may want to arrive early so that you can grab a seat somewhere. The stage is massive! Overall, I was very impressed and can't want to come back for another show.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Most of the Jefferson Theater events seem to be largely standing room only on a large sloped wooden floor in a beautiful historical theatre. There are some seats in the balcony, but we chose to be closer to the stage and stand. For a long concert this might get a bit cumbersome, but the atmosphere was great, and when the band "unplugged" and played accoustic sans-amplifiers during the encore, only those of us up front on the floor enjoyed the full effects of this theatre's wonderful acoustics. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.