“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fellini's
Ranked #106 of 538 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The restaurant is located in a building constructed in the mid-1800's. The building won the "Historic Preservation Award" in 2004. The windows contain glass from the original building. The floors are made of distressed pine recovered from Virginia barns and buildings. Also indoors you will find a delightful horseshoe shaped Copper Topped Bar, walls covered in brick and wormed-chestnut, stained glass partitions from the original building as well as a romantic fireplace, wooden tables and restored pine benches and chairs. We display art from local artisans for your enjoyment and our decor includes many original Fellini movie posters throughout the bar and restaurant. The atmosphere at Fellini's #9 is casual elegance - delicious meals, cozy atmosphere and romantic melodies from the piano in the bar. We have many Italian wines as well as a variety from Virginia and around the world. We have beers on tap and "Fellini's" cocktails. Be sure to include Fellini's #9 in your plans - before or after an event at the Paramount, a relaxing dinner after a beautiful hike at Monticello or for a romantic interlude to your hectic schedule.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fellini's is the favorite of my kids who recently moved to C-ville. The chose Fellini's as the spot for my welcome dinner and I absolutely loved the food and great service. It was a very enjoyable family evening.

Visited March 2013

“She saved our lives! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were late to Charlottesville for dinner, everything was packed, but the nice lady here let us in to eat! It was amazing food, piano man playing, perfect.

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I find it rather unfair to see 3 poor reviews all written from the same dinner party. As a consistent patron of this restaurant, I wanted to make sure potential visitors get an honest idea of what to expect at Fellini's#9.

The restaurant is intimate and the ambience is unbeatable. A fireplace often has a real fire roaring, the tables are all wooden and most seem perfectly sized for 2. The appetizers are all so good, but I am quite a fan of the mussels. The calamari is a very close second. I usually go for whatever fish is on special or the lamb. My companions have always been pleased with their dinners...sometimes pasta, sometimes one of the chicken dishes.

I have been in a few times for late music and this is one of my favorite places for it! Surprisingly great sound...it does get loud, but that's how I like my music at 11pm! During dinner hours you will be pleased with lovely live piano music.

This is one of the best places to dine in Charlottesville.

3 Thank DateNights
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Slow and mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our party of 12 arrived for our 6:15 pm reservations, as we had tickets for a show at a nearby venue. (There were very few people in the restaurant at the time). The waitress acknowledged we were all going to the show, as she took our drink and food orders. Our appetizers came in a reasonable amount of time, then the waiting began. (My app.was a Cesar salad which was fairly tasteless. I have had better at Wendy's.) Other patrons arrived later and we saw their food being served to them, while we still waited for our main courses. One member of our group talked to the manager, saying that it had been 1 hour and 45 mins.since our food order was taken.The manager checked with the kitchen and said that the ticket order said we had only been waiting an hour and 15 mins. for our food. I found her statement ridiculous! Over an hour waiting time?! When our food finally did arrive, it was obvious that my burger had been sitting awhile. I did not send it back, as the time for our show was drawing nearer and no telling how long it would take to cook me another one. To add further insult, a 20% gratuity was already added to our individual bills. Twenty percent for mediocre food and super slow service really left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I must admit that I have eaten here several times over the years and have recommended this place to others. However, after this experience I feel I could not recommend Fellini's #9; with so many other great restaurants around Charlottesville's downtown mall.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank onevagent
Charlottesville, Virginia
“I know they can do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Historically this has been one of my favorite restaurant's in a town filled with excellent restaurants. However, my experience this past Saturday evening was horrible. We had a large group of people and made 6:00 reservations and were catching a show at The Jefferson at 8:00. The waitress was aware and acknowledged our time constraint. We ordered drinks--and that took 20 minutes --for nothing special--just red or white wine. We placed our food orders and waited for well over an hour. My calamari came--and it was truly delicious. The calamari is not fried but is cooked with spinach, red grapes, capers and a delicous sauce. I can eat this as a meal because it is so good! Other's appetizers came sporadically. Our main courses took 1 hour and 45 mintues to get to our table. My main course was a salad and it was wilted from sitting so long. When one of our party inquired about the long wait for food, the manager became quite surly and told him it had only been 1 hour and 20 minutes we had been waiting--not an hour and 45 minutes. It doesn't matter--it was too long. A large party that came in after us was served before us. My friend ordered a hamburger and it had clearly been sitting for quite some time before he was served as the burger was stone cold. Three people at our table ordered the scallop special and it was served to them a good 15 minutes after the rest of us were served. The waitress was very apologetic and it was clear that the kitchen was not prepared. However, the manager's attitude was unacceptable. She should have been apologetic as well. Over all the food was good--not great. The wait staff was frazzled from dealing with an unacceptably slow kitchen. The manager was in tolerable. It is unfortunate as this has been one of my favorite places. It will be quite some time before I return. I will give it one last chance and if it has not improved--I won't ever be back.

• Visited February 2013