“Yum!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found this place on Tripadvisor on a recent stopover in Charlottesville. My girls had soup, steamed dumplings and spring rolls which they really enjoyed.
My husband and I started with the dumpling with red oil and they were very good. More Chinese than "American Chinese". When then shared the crispy beef in chef special sauce. It was tasty and had the perfect amount of heat. Glad we shared, as the portions are large and were did not want any left overs.
The service was good. The bathrooms were clean.
This was an easy walk from the Courtyard Marriott.
If we are ever in the area again, we will stop back by.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were so excited to try this restaurant the evening of July 1 after reading the many favorable reviews on TA. I called to place a carryout order for General Tso's Chicken. I tried to ask for white rice and was cut off by the rude, demanding employee on the phone who blasted me for not specifying chicken. I was so taken aback by her yelling at me, that I didn't answer her question right away and she continued to yell, repeating over and over, "What Your Order?" I can handle unpleasant people, but this woman was over the top and completely unprofessional. I did not finish placing my order and I will not visit this place. I refuse to give my business to a restaurant that condones such rude staff. Yelling is never necessary when answering the phone. There are many other Chinese restaurants in Charlottesville, skip this place and go elsewhere where your business is appreciated.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been here twice now and really liked the food. However, this last time our entrees (crispy shrimp and spicy crispy duck) were so salty, it almost detracted from the dishes. The first time, the dishes were salty but tolerable. I would still recommend the cilantro fish rolls for an appetizer and the dried fried eggplant, roasted fish (which was actually fried) and the shrimp dish that has the yellow dipping sauce (also fried). The service is okay--efficient at times and then absent at times. The waitstaff is nice though. We would go back. I might try something that isn't fried to see if the salt content is lower.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My mother told me that when ever you see a group of people from the country of the restaurant dining there you know it's a good sign! Turns out she was right! This place is a diamond in the rough in our area as there are not many other good Chinese restaurants around. They are very generic. The only other one that compares is Peter Chang's at Barracks Road Shopping Center. This is where you will find truly authentic Chinese cuisine. I'm sure someone in the country there are much much better but for our little area I think it's pretty fantastic. Plus, they have an outstand lunch value!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We heard about Taste of China and paid a visit . Over all, I believe they could do much better, because the food was average and the service was just ok. It may be because the actual chef was no more there!