“Unbelievable experience!”
Review of Blue Ridge Balloon

Blue Ridge Balloon
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Ridge Ballooning offers hot air balloon rides in the Charlottesville and Central Virginia area, and specializes in making the experience unique, safe, and unforgettable. With a perfect safety record, state of the art equipment, and over 40 years of combined flying experience, Blue Ridge Ballooning is the natural choice for your hot air balloon ride. Offering sunrise flights seven days a week, with several flight packages to choose from. Call or book online today!
Reviewed November 7, 2013

If you have ever thought about going up in a balloon...then STOP thinking and just do it! It is something you will never forget. My g/f and I reserved their private flight package so that I would have room to PROPOSE, luckily she said yes. Our pilot Jim was awesome and took the time out of flying to video tape my proposal. Blue Ridge Balloon company is top notch and the surrounding area is stunning.

All reviews
"trees"
"perspective"
"crew"

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Being up in the sky under a colorful balloon is a childhood fantasy come true - magical. Our entire experience, from making the reservations to the final "champagne" toast was very well done. Liana provided us excellent directions and information on what to expect. The directions are very important as they have five or six departure locations all around Charlottesville depending on the wind direction that day. As you can imagine, ballooning is one of the most weather sensitive activities you can find. In fact, they say about 40% of their scheduled flights are cancelled due to weather. You call Liana the night before the flight to find out if they will fly the next day. We were incredibly lucky in having perfect weather on our first try. Our pilot was very professional. He was very busy though piloting the balloon and tracking the wind direction at various flight levels. Don't expect your pilot to serve as a tour guide. For one, he's on the radio with the other balloon pilots talking wind conditions/altitude. Secondly, every time he fires off the burner (about every 30 seconds), that is the only thing you can hear. I wish I had thought to take a pair of foam earplugs just to be able to converse better. It's all about expectations though. We felt perfectly safe throughout the flight. The views of the Charlottesville landscape were absolutely incredible and as I mentioned before, flying under a balloon is magical. We would definitely do it again, but it's time to move on to the next item in our bucket list!

1  Thank VaVet96
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Omg! We just finished our balloon ride! What an experience. My daughter is afraid of heights and she loved this adventure. Not only was it unbelievably beautiful, it was like floating in a cloud. I could write a book about this experience from start to finish, but it is enough to say you CANNOT go wrong with this company! They are professional and extremely competent. If I lived in this area I would fly with them again and again. Thank you so much for making this such a memorable day with my daughter.

2  Thank MENOLAME
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A beautiful and exciting way to view the fall foliage in and around the Charlottesville, VA area. The company is reliable and the best one to choose. We tried another company (with similiar name) and they were not reliable. Stick with these folks. office@blueridgeballoon.com or call 434-589-6213. These folks were very welcoming and communicated well with what was expected on a balloon trip. Excellent!

2  Thank jathedude
See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our trip was a Christmas gift from our children, and what a fantastic gift it was! The company kept in touch with us, canceling several dates due to bad weather but remaining flexible as we rescheduled a few times. The flight day was picture perfect giving us a smooth ride, beautiful views of the rolling countryside surrounding Charlottesville. The pilot was highly skilled, the whole operation professionally run, and the experience one we will always remember.

3  Thank Nancy D