Tripadvisor
Charlottesville
All reviews valet parking hotel dog sweet dog hotel scene uva campus amazing hotel sliding barn door workout facility robes and slippers self park valet service great shower boutique hotel king suite main street nice amenities good size
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

I was on a long term consulting engagement and stayed at the Draftsman. The service was warm, welcoming and I miss their smiling faces. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, robes and slippers are provided too. The restaurant is good. The Brussel sprouts are amazing...so is the beet salad. I highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2019

My husband and I congregated in Charlottesville with our two adult kids to celebrate the holidays. I booked this on-line when I was unsure of having secured a dog sitter. You might think a hotel that accepts dogs might not be so hot, but this hotel defies any preconceptions!

Fantastic staff. The hotel is warm, inviting, and definitely has that hipster vibe. Rooms are big, with comfy furnishings and fantastic bathrooms. The lobby is a great place to hang out, and the bar makes the best old fashioned cocktail and has beer for every taste. We loved every moment we spent here and have already recommended it to friends. Great location, too. We will be back, this time with our furry family members.

Date of stay: December 2019
TDACH, General Manager at The Draftsman, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Hello Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear about your enjoyable experience at The Draftsman Hotel. For its sincerely, the culture of the team to welcome and create an atmosphere that is inviting and engaging. And I am glad to hear that you and your family experienced this culture during your stay.
We look forward to having your entire family back!

The Draftsman Hotel Autograph Collection

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

My parents stayed here for the past year on numerous occasions, but I had the opportunity to stay in May 2019. Amazing hotel. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The rooms usually have a nice view. Close to UVA and many activities around town. If you’re a walker, you can get most anywhere without a car.

The staff is hands down the best. They took care of my and my parents throughout the year, knew who we were, always greeted us, and showed a genuine interest in us and our comfort. We love these people!

The bar was nice; staff was always friendly.

The food at the restaurant was overpriced and not always the best. We think there could be improvements in this area, but I can’t complain based on the rest of the hotel.

We miss you Draftsman staff! Thanks for taking care of our family throughout this past year.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
TDACH, Owner at The Draftsman, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear SandEseetheworld,

WOW! It's so beautiful to hear that you had a wonderful time during your visit to The draftsman Hotel. It's also great to hear how my team took care of your parents throughout their stay. And I have shared your comments with the team, and I know we will see you again when your back in the Charlottesville area!

The Draftsman Hotel Autograph Collection

Reviewed December 16, 2019

My family and I loved the Draftsman hotel. Immediately we felt welcomed by the Staff. One in particular was Avery at the front desk, this gentle giant greeted us with a warm smile and armed us with all the information we needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

He showed exemplary knowledge of the hotel and the surrounding area. Anything we needed he made available.

We plan to visit the Draftsman again,in the New Year and hope that Avery will be there upon our return. A note to management, he is more than front desk material.

A great young man! And a Great Hotel!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2019

Spent one night at the Draftsman. Love the style, and enjoyed my stay. Nice amenities, great shower in a large bathroom. Comfortable sleep. A long day and dreary weather kept me in the hotel restaurant for the evening which was quite good as well, and reasonably priced for a good hotel. If you wanted to, there are numerous places to eat within walking distance, and the property is only a stone's throw from all things UVA. Shannon took good care of me at reception - thank you. So all in all the Draftsman met all the expectations for a hotel. I am a Bonvoy titanium member (it's not really always a good thing to be on hotel night #82 for the year), and was a smidgen disappointed that that status didn't seem to get me much. No room upgrade - not even to a room with a view, there is no lounge at this property, and apparently breakfast is not an amenity option. Nonetheless, likely to be the place I stay next time I am in Charlottesville.

Date of stay: December 2019