“One of the best Egg Bagel Breakfast Sandwich I've ever had!”
Review of Bodo's Bagels

Bodo's Bagels
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We travel through Charlottesville on our way south, and have seen Bodo's Bagels, and decided to stop here for breakfast this trip. We are so happy we did, it was one of the best Egg Bagel sandwiches (if not the best) I/we've ever had. I had the Egg/Ham/Cheese on an Everything Bagel, my husband had a Egg/Sausage on Everything Bagel, we both loved our breakfast - so good! The staff was so friendly, since we'd never eaten here before, they helped us with what the "popular" items are, so patient with us. Freshly cooked eggs, with ham & cheese on a hot fresh bagel - it doesn't get any better. My only wish is they had a restaurant in Northern Virginia, I would want to dine there daily! So glad we got to eat here, it really was so very good!

There are newer reviews for Bodo's Bagels

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ate here twice during our recent trip to Charlottesville. We got sandwiches for dinner one night and they were so good we came back for breakfast bagels the following morning. Excellent bagels that were crisp outside and chewy inside.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Bodo's has the best bagel sandwiches. We visit everytime we go to Charlottesville. It is especially wonderful that they have a location in front of the English Inn where we always stay. They are reasonably priced, the service is fast and the food is great!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Been to a lot of bagel places, but Bodo's is definitely the best. We're kind of new to Charlottesville, and I would say the only negative about Bodo's is that many times it keeps us from trying out new restaurant options because so many times we're in the mood only for Bodo's.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was very pleased to find this small franchise of bagel-makers who boil up the best bagels I've had outside of my NYC homeland. I can't tell you about their fruity or cinnamon raisin travesties, cuz they're never going to enter my digestive system. Nor will whole wheat nasties. However, the plain, onion, salt, garlic, sesame, and poppy varieties are delicious and so fresh, that they are usually still warm when you get them. Just enough resistance outside with firmly spongey, dense insides...not big and bready, not sticky, small and chewy…just perfect New York bagels... in central Virginia!

These restaurants will also make sandwiches on their bagels with everything from egg and bacon to liverwurst and onion to cheese and avocado or even shrimp salad. I tend to become overwhelmed and order a consistent, basic winner: turkey with pesto. If you get a sandwich, you need to ask them to cut it in half, as they don't do it as part of their routine. Learned that the hard way biting into a bagel-wide roundwich and getting a Joker's smile of pesto up my cheeks.

They mix up their own fresh and creative cream cheese blends with nuts, fruits, vegetables, but in truth, I'm a Puritan on that front as well. Their plain cream cheese is the perfect density of aesthetically airy volume and thickly packed gluttony, made to enhance the bagel goodness it lovingly blankets.

The franchise has two other locations: a shop on Preston Ave, and the mural-endowed Corner shop that is heaving with students during UVa's semesters. That said, even if the line is out the door, you will not be in it long. The staff are wicked efficient at slinging orders without sloppiness. I prefer this Emmet St location, because it is closest to work and has a parking lot with easy exit at a light that lets me cross over busy Emmet (Rt 29) and head back south.

The bagel sandwich prices are fair, just beware that every topping makes the cash register jingle more, and the drinks are the lowest prices around. Salads and soups are also available, and look fantastic, but I have never needed them when there are such glorious bagels to be had. If only they would bake some bialys...

1  Thank PotatoFiend