“Our Go To Place”
Review of The Local

The Local
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 582 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Love the atmosphere upstairs - even more so when it is warm enough to have the patio open. Cozy downstairs.
We have had a great food here everytime and usually not a wait or not a long wait.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I met up with another couple here and really enjoyed ourselves. Staff was attentive but not hovering, and the food was good, but not fabulous. My salmon didn't have much flavor, but the portions were a good size and the atmosphere is cool.

1  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great menu, wine list, and service. I felt very welcome and the service was excellent. The food, while American, was original and diverse.

1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant! We ate here for our anniversary and it was really nice. The food is fantastic (I had the short ribs; my husband had the lamb shank and our daughter had the vegetarian dish with acorn sqaush and quinoa --- all were delicious). Our waitress was Mandy and we just loved her! This place is very warm and charming looking and although I would consider it somewhat upscale, the food is very reasonably priced. My only complaint would have to be that the bar was a bit slow when we ordered some of our drinks. They needed to open the upstairs bar since it was quite busy. But we will be going back again...hopefully soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am or was a concierge for many of the high end hotels in the area and I recommended this restaurant all the time for a medium price point place with a good atmosphere. I had my first date here with my current girlfriend and have always enjoyed coming here. Sadly, tonight, it fell very far from The Local that I knew and loved. The appetizer was nice and the civeche came out well. I am currently trying to stay away from alcoholic beverages so I ordered the soda, which was flat. The waitress was very nice and I assume she just added some club soda to add carbonation. I appreciated the effort. She was very attentive and the only positive element in a bad experience. The entrées were just... horrible. I use to dream of their meatloaf surrounded by the bacon, infused with little bits of apple but mine was just bland and covered with BBQ sauce. The bacon was burned to a crisp and actually tasted lightly of charcoal. The asparagus was odd. 1 was too over cooked and the other two so hard that I wonder if they were cooked at all. My girlfriend had the pork chop that was cooked so hard that she actually needed me to cut it for her. She said it made her feel like a child. What happened, The Local!? I loved you!