“Great presentation and formal environment”
Review of Savour - CLOSED

Savour
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savour restaurant is an upscale restaurant that draws from many modern and classical styles from around the world. The executive chef & owner, Ed Nafei, has gained culinary experience from different corners of the world. His aim is to please the palate of every guest.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Savour turned out to be pretty dressed up environment contrary to its appearance from outside. The chef provides a wide selection of dishes done in styles ranging from french to north african. They have a great selection of wine!

Make a reservations if planning to visit over weekends.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

It doesn't look like much from the outside, right on the road amid several fast food restaurants, but don't let that fool you. Inside it is very pleasant, and the food is superb. The menu is varied with original and unique dishes. For instance, I had the chicken and prawns, cooked with avocado, smoked jalapeño, tomato, garlic, cilantro, lime, and tequila; great flavors with just the right amount of spice to give it a little bite. Truly delicious. And, did I mention that the prices are very reasonable? They are. With our daughter about to enter the University of Virginia, we will be spending a good bit of time in Charlottesville, and we will be returning to this place a lot. I can't wait to try all the other dishes on the menu.

1  Thank Piovino
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Not easy to find and in the 'wrong end' of town I was more than glad I made the effort. The dining room is elegant with white linens and black napkins, simple decor dominated by a welcoming centrally placed fire. Friendly and attentive waiters, 40s music playing unobtrusively in the background. As they say, the food is eclectic and sophisticated and with three courses for $33 astonishingly good value. I chose a starter of crab and shrimp served with papaya, avocado, tomato, sweet onion and cilantro oil. This was followed by the special entree that evening - a rabbit dish served with vegetables and a deliciously subtle sauce. Everything was perfectly prepared and presented. There are several interesting choices of wine served by the (generous-sized) glass. My only regret was that I had no room left for dessert. The chef/owner, Ed, is vey talented and the good burghers of Charlottesville should be beating a path to his door while they have him.

1  Thank alysonth
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been there many times and have never had a bad experience. The food is fabulous and the service is excellent. There's no other place in town where the owner / chef comes out to talk with you.

1  Thank Sunshinelov
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is only the second review I've written on trip advisor( which, I'm embarrassed to admitt because I use it daily). The first was for Craftsteak in las Vegas and I wrote it because the place was awful all the way around. I'm writing this review to say just the opposite about Savour. I read all the reviews on this sight because I wanted make sure my wife and I would see the best that this are has to offer. We were not let down. Savour is off the beaten track and we took a cab to it from the downtown omni hotel. It was about a one or two mile cab ride. When we pulled up my wife was nervous because the place doesn't look amazing from the outside. But once we walked in and got our menus we noticed how charming it was inside. Very well put together and romantic. We ordered the Savour 3 which is a 3 course menu for 33 dollars which we thought was an outstanding deal. I had the baked scallops and my wife had the ahi tuna tartar. We loved both. Our main coureses were the flat iron steak and the veal. Again, outstanding. We wrapped up with an apple and ice cream dessert and felt like we had we had found a real treasure. The chef came out after we requested to tell him personally that web loved the meal. We had a very nice conversation, it honestly felt like we were old friends. Don't miss this place if you're in town... Seriously.

1  Thank TylerGrey