“Wonderful hotel!”

Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed March 15, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Joana A
CavalierInn, General Manager at Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year. We have had a great ex piece every time. If you travel with a family puppy like we do, you definitely want to stay here. If you want to walk to campus, you want to stay here. Staff are warm, welcoming and accommodating. An added bonus is a marvelous collection of old black and white photos in the lobby and breakfast area showing student activities from decades ago. Based in our past experiences, we are booked for 2 more times between now and the end of our child's Spring Semester at UVA.

Jim Manning, Richland County - South Carolina

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank RichlandCoDistrict-8

Dear Mr. Manning,

Thank you so very much for your kind words, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, We sincerely appreciate and value your business, and look forward to your next visit with us in Charlottesville.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Some of the complaints in the other reviews are legitimate; the hotel is a tad rundown and the rooms can be dirty. Nonetheless, I enjoy staying here. We were in town to watch our beloved Hoo's play basketball, and the walk to JPJ is easy and fast. Access to UVA is also quick and convenient- at least after you cross busy Emmet Street. Our room was clean, and the bathroom was fine. Everyone in the hotel is kind and friendly. I really like being able to walk to the corner for dinner and then walk back after a beer or two. The breakfast is not exceptional, but I had a good plate of scrambled eggs.
I have one small complaint from my most recent stay. The pillows are rock-like and quite uncomfortable.
I will come back.

Room Tip: Request a room on Emmett Street facing the University
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank LeePulaski_Va_

Hello Pulaski VA

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your recent stay with us, I am sorry about the rock like pillows, they are brand new, and of a high end Branded hotel standard pillow, we hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Charlottesville va

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I travel to many universities. Many have their own hotels, and my experience is that they are really nice. This one, not so much. But, what did I expect for $79? I figured from the website that this was a really nice place, and I thought it was a UVA Hotel. Actually, it is just a hotel next to UVA. But, in reality, at least part of it is a really old, tired motel with exterior room entrances. Smells old, looks old. Website is pretty deceptive.

If you want a cheap room next to UVA, maybe worth it. For me, not.

Oh well, it is for one night. Next time, I stay at the Boarshead...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Mike M

Hello

Thank you for your time in writing a review, I am sorry we failed to meet with your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know about your stay, we take all the comments and suggestions that guest let us know about so we can improve on areas that we need to with important feed back from guests like you. We wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

During the course of my weekend stay, I was transferred to three rooms, all of which were covered in hair (in the towels, on the linens, and on the floors/counters). When I brought this to the attention of the front desk representative, she told me I could come pick up some clean towels and linens to change the sheets myself. It took speaking with her supervisor (who - for the record - was insanely apologetic and truly attempted to accommodate me in every way possible) to be placed in another room....which still had hair on the bed sheets. I have to stress that the office manager was incredibly professional and did her best to keep me happy. However, her best efforts cannot overcome the fact that the place is filthy and the staff is sub par. I won't bother describing the cleaning staff, but let's just say they were incredibly unprofessional and borderline harassing. FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!!

Room Tip: My tip to choosing a good room: book it at another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank E R

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate all the comments and suggestions guest leave. We wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance to the main University building. I arrived to the hotel on one of the coldest days and there were forecasts of the snow. Chaunte, the hotel receptionist, made sure that my room was warm and was really extremely professional and friendly during the check-in. The service was on par or even better than some 5 star hotels that I have stayed. The room was clean and provided everything that I needed. Recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank us-trend

Hello Scottsdale AZ

Awesome city you live in, thank you for your kind words, we sincerely appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to do so. We are delighted that we met with all of your expectations, we hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Charlottesville. Best of luck with your future travels and again, thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed overnight to be able to drop off my daughter at the train. Definitely close to all that is Charlottesville. Room was OK. A little small but it had a refrig. and microwave. The beds were comfortable and the TV was good. Don't know why hotels only have handicapped rooms with one bed but we couldn't get a room with two beds and a handicapped bedroom so that was frustrating but typical. Got a great deal thru expedia for $67 a night so that made the little issues seem easier to take. The breakfast was good and included. Mostly fake food...bacon, eggs and such, but hot. I'd stay there again especially if I could get a deal. One thing, they turn off the AC in the winter and it gets hot in the room even with the heat off. I'll bring a fan with me the next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ricki M

Dear Ricki M from Salem Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review, we appreciate all the comments and suggestion that we receive from guests, they let us know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve, all of our breakfast foods are fresh, and come from a local vendor, it is a challenge sometimes to keep it from drying out even when you use steamers that we use, unfortunately some times buffet bars get like that. but thank you for the comments and we will try something else. Thank you again for your comments, we wish you the best in your future travels.