Signage is very poor. Not obvious at all, how to get into the parking lot. The room was fine. Very nice bed linens. Very clean. Very nice beds Almost inadequate shower flow. Internet service was a joke. It was incredibly slow. Very quiet AC, but you can't adjust it. No AC in the 5th floor lobby, though. When you get out of the elevator on the 5th floor, it was like entering a blast furnace. Don't go swimming! There is algae growing all over the walls. At first, I thought it was great, that the water was not overly chlorinated until I noticed all the algae. There was an empty gatorade bottle in one of the water intake things. There were no clean, dry pool towels, despite being assured by the front desk clerk that there were pool towels available. There were football players hanging out over the balconies overlooking the pool, which made me very uncomfortable. (I was alone in the pool). Breakfast was horrible!!! The biscuits were as hard as hockey pucks. The sausage gravy was awful. One orange juice spigot dispensed orange colored water. There were no tongs at the pastry station. It grossed me out thinking about how many hands might have touched those pastries. The dining area is not handicapped accessible. There was no breakfast hostess. There were more staff eating breakfast than guests. The morning front desk clerk couldn't have cared less about being there. You have to ask for the safe fee to be removed from your bill. Upon arrival I was thinking about staying a second night, but after the pool ,the breakfast, horrible internet, and all the football players, I stayed only one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel