I read the reviews after I made the reservation through booking.com and could not cancel it. I was so worried and told the desk clerk that I would need to look at the room before staying there. We were on the fifth floor overlooking the UVA soccer field and it was perfect! The room smelled great, everything was clean, the beds were comfortable, the double drapes kept the room dark until we got up. When we opened them, there was a beautiful view from our room and the sunlight filled the room.
We were just there over night, but I would definitely stay there again. We have already recommended it. I can't imagine where the other reviewers were staying!
We were impressed with the base rate of $79 and more than got our money's worth.
The lobby looked fine to me; the breakfast room was spacious and had lots of tables. The canned fruit was not as nice as the fresh, but the rest of the breakfast was typical.
The shuttle was not still running when our train got in at 9, but would have been another bonus. Not many hotels bother with the train stations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel