I read reviews prior to my stay. However, we must not have been in the same hotel. If you need to stay at the University there are other Hotels very close by.
The shower was a mystery in this "newly renovated" room. The hot water would turn to cold without warning and then to scalding.
The bath and water closet itself had drop down ceiling tiles that could have easily been replaced but management just painted over obvious mildew. The sink was exceptionally low.
The TV didn't work until I unplugged and replugged the cord from the back of the TV. The fridge stopped working while I was out and my left overs from dinner the night before spoiled.
The room access is to the outside, it didn't feel very secure and I slept with a bat close by so that I could come up swinging.
The so called breakfast consisted of packages of instant oatmeal packed with sugar, toast, other carbohydrates and not much else for a diabetic. The photographs indicated a hot service but this had been converted to canned peaches over ice.
The lobby is deceivingly inviting. The ladies in the afternoon were very nice and helpful. However the morning desk isn't as friendly, and I hadn't even addressed my concerns yet. I had told myself that I would check the room before unloading the car. I will listen to myself more closely next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel