This hotel is old. It has not been renovated and has some interesting makeshift additions. The rug had some sticky spots that my socks stuck to. The bathroom was old and shower didn't work too well. The bed was okay, at least I didn't get bit. The internet was slow, at night when everyone was using it it was really slow, not even worth using. One side of the hotel has this plexiglass wall on the balcony, the other side just has an outdoor balcony. I guess they put it up to cut down on noise from that side of the campus, but I would have appreciated the fresh air, in stead of the stale air in the hallway. When the sun comes up the hall is about 80 degrees so you start sweating before you reach the elevators. They have 1 exhaust fan at one end but it doesn't get it done. The breakfast was humorous, it was exactly the same every day, Cottage cheese,Pineapples,hard boiled eggs, and yucky pastries and cereal. There is a breakfast joint next door to eat and it was reasonable and pretty good.Parking here is weird, the have a lot out back that looks like it was an afterthought, with the spaces so close back to front that if you have a large vehicle then it is a tight squeeze to get through. they have a parking garage under the hotel but you have to see the entrance to believe it, like going into a cavern, with very low clearance, thus a lot of the bigger vehicles are left to fend for themselves inn the munchkin lot. I would say this hotel is right next to campus and good if you are walking, but you can head north on us 29 Emmet St., and there are much nicer hotels up there by lots of shopping and food and the UVA Cat bus runs up there too so you can catch it and it's free. So I would suggest you stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel