I stayed in the Cavalier Inn on 10/24-25. While overall, the experience was good,and the location (surrounded by UVA was excellent), there were some things that might be improved.
1) The elevators smelled like the chains that helped to lift them were a bit overgreased, You could smell this every time that you went into the elevator.
2) While the rooms were spacious, with a queen sized bed and a full-sized couch, the bedding itself led something to be desired. As someone that is getting older, having a boxspring with a small pad on top starts to not cut it. Many of the other hotels that this location is comparing itself to have substantially upgraded their bedding over the last several years. It might make sense to do this to improve the guest experience.
3) This is a small one, but it is also beneficial. While this hotel has upgraded their television sets to flat-screens, it has not upgraded the signal fed into the TV's from analog to digital. Perhaps it may make sense to do this in the near future, since this is beginning to be expected from hotels that are comparable to yours, such as LaQuinta.
Overall, for the price and location it was good, but these things could make it much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel