This negative review does NOT include the very friendly, professional young ladies (Tracy and Jasmine)at the front desk...To say we were extremely unhappy with this hotel is putting it mildly...You have no control over the heating/air conditioning system...The hotel decides what mode you get in your room...Lack of a/c made the room unbearable and sleep was not an option...No matter how many times I called the front desk to beg for a/c all I succeded in getting was about a half hour of air...The bathroom needed a really good cleaning...In addition, the shower rod was completely covered with rust...The carpet molding was hanging off the wall in many place...The wallpaper above the desk was ripped...On the second day, no amenities were left and I had to go to the front desk to request the shampoo, conditioner, etc...We did not find a clock in the room until I accidentally dropped something next to the nightstand and saw the clock between the wall and the nightstand covered with dust...Needless to say, I did not touch it...Breakfast was another disappointment...In conclusion, all I can add is that we learned a very valuable lesson...You get what you pay for...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel