The prior 2 nights we stayed at the English Inn and I wish we had stayed! Thinking the Cavalier would be much closer to my husbands class at Darden we stayed at the 2 hotels over a weeks time. The Cavalier: room nicely done for the level of hotel, but no air ventilation for the bathroom, just heating and cooling incoming. If you are second taking a shower it will be wet on the walls and floor in there. Our bathroom did not get cleaned the 1st day, and after speaking with a nice manager about this , we came back to a clean toilet and floor, but the blob of conditioner remained in the shower. Our keys had to be recoded every time we wanted to get in our room, meaning back down to the front desk. Called for a shuttle from airport, and after waiting 50minutes, called again to find none had been sent. They had us take a taxi and the hotel paid for it. Breakfast is sorely lacking, although the woman manning it is friendly. A bit messy with spills etc around empty coffee pots, the toasters need to be replaced as only one side heats up, making you flip your toast. A straight up continental breakfast with better quality and cleanliness would be much better than an almost hot offering. Overall I'd gladly spend the $20 more per night and get the fantastic breakfast and service at the English Inn, which is equal distance to the graduate end of the UVA campus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel