First of all, stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It's new and nice and the staff is nice. The bed is comfortable. All the great things I cannot say about the English Inn.
The front desk staff clearly was not happy to have to check people in. My room was very dark and the mattress was not up to my standards- and my standards are simply more comfortable than the floor.
I noticed a lot of military staying here and the staff seemed as disdainful of them. That just breaks my heart. Who better deserves a little deference?
Anyway, the location is convenient, but I would rather drive an hour each day than stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville