I was with a large group and the check-in process could not have run more smoothly. The staff was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere in the lobby was really cool & what I would imagine a mediocre inn to be like in England. I enjoyed the hot tea available and the fact that the hotel had a pool. The pool, I was told was new. However, I beg to differ. It is possible that the coat of paint was new or something of that nature...if the pool was new, the hotel needs a full refund.
Ok, to the part you need to know. I will post pictures but viewer discretion is advised. I cannot believe what was waiting for me when I got into my room. Oh my. It was bad. Really bad.
Since I was with a group and the leader would have been heartbroken to have found out about the unpleasantness that awaited me, I decided to tough it out since we were only there one night. I left a comment card with ALL of my contact information but after 4 weeks, I have yet to hear from anyone affiliated with the inn.
Because of the large hairball in the tub, broken-rusted-sink, ceiling problems and broken door, I just HAVE to post about my experience. I would like to go on record saying that 3 others in my group had a different type of nasty to say about their rooms. I will let them post their own review if they so feel compelled.
I am saddened that a place with such potential was quite the disappointment. Two thumbs down for the room.
Two thumbs up to the male staff member who checked us in, I wish I could recall his name. He was fantastic.
Breakfast was weird. I would recommend the bagel shop right outside the inn. Bodo's Bagels, maybe? Oatmeal had hulls in it and was paste-like. The hot tea selection was nice.
Another neat thing about the place was that there were free samples of the no-snore nose strip things at the front desk. I didn't need them but it would have been a nice bonus had I needed them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville