The English Inn of Charlottesville
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$124
$114
$205
$189
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$143
$125
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$174
$162
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$325
$294
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlottesville - UVA Medical(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$119
La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$124
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
$194
Official Site
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$143
$134
Priceline
1,213 results
All reviewscookieshigh tealarge indoor poolcommunity gardenbagel shopbodo's bagelshot breakfastchain hotelsking suitefrench toastmain buildingbreakfast rooma great place to stayconvenient locationoatmealfront desk stafflobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We've stayed here years before and really enjoyed it, but this last time it seemed like a grand ol' lady that was getting out of touch and looking tired. Breakfast area was still great, but food was barely adequate; wallpaper and carpeting looked tired and worn; cleanliness was okay; & service was just okay. A bit disappointing from our last stay.

Room Tip: Not really located in a "walkable" area to restaurants, unless you count a bagel cafe and Subway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The only reason I can think of why this place has high rates is the reasonable price for the area, I honestly can't find anything positive to write about the English Inn. I regretted every $ spent here, my advice pay an extra buck somewhere else and enjoy your stay.

Besides the hotel (main building) being old and run down, the "heated" pool is ice cold and the breakfast is far below average. The staff, the majority of patrons and the large number of bibles and other religous books which were on display everywhere made me feel like I had entered somekind of sect.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LeoRaeves
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My son wanted to visit Monticello, so we decided to take a trip to Charlottesville when there was a teacher work day at his school. We drove there Sunday evening and spent one night, visiting Monticello on Monday. Based on the TripAdvisor ratings, amenities - indoor pool and free breakfast - and cost (approximately $100), I chose the English Inn. It was really a great choice. The English Inn is very easy to find and is very nice for the price. The indoor pool was just perfect - very large. I wasn't able to join my son in the pool due to an injury, but he spent about an hour and a half in the evening and another hour plus the next morning enjoying the pool. We were very lucky and got a room right next to the pool. The room was very comfortable, with two nice double beds, a clean and decent-sized bathroom, TV with cable, and a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker in the room. I didn't need the coffeemaker because they have coffee and hot water for tea in the lobby (had hot tea with my Chinese takeout dinner and coffee in the morning). The breakfast was great and the room was large with plenty of tables for everyone. There were several hot food choices - eggs, French Toast, bacon, oatmeal, etc., plus cereal, yogurt, fruit, breads to toast, etc. Plus coffee, tea, juice, and milk. Breakfast was available for several hours, too. Another nice bonus is that checkout is at noon. It was rainy in the morning, so we stayed at the hotel until past 11:30 enjoying the pool, breakfast, and just hanging out in the room, until the rain stopped, then we made our way to Monticello (roughly 20 minutes away in traffic). There are a couple of restaurants really close to the hotel - a Chinese place and a Subway are the closest - oh, and a bagel shop. The hotel staff members were quite nice and helpful, too. The most negative thing is there's really no "view" - but there's a wooded area behind the hotel that you see from the pool, so it was peaceful. Our room and one side of the pool looked out on a community garden - not beautiful, but really quite cool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisab99
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Usually stay at a chain hotel, but took a chance on the English Inn. Check in went smoothly and was staffed by friendly, efficient hostess. Our room was very clean. I have a thing about bathroom grout and the shower area passed my test with flying colors. Beds were very comfy. Desk called our room a couple hours after check in to see if everything was okay and did we need dinner suggestions, etc. Breakfast was fantastic...eggs were perfect and sausage and french toast yummy! Hotel was very close to Monticello- our destination. I forgot- tea,coffee and cookies in late afternoon- perfect after the day at Monticello.

Room Tip: The Mews- newer addition was booked. Would like to try it when we return.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusyQ1317
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Older but well kept hotel in a nice area close to Monticello. Clean and roomy with a hot buffet breakfast included. Can't go wrong. Nice indoor heated pool as well. Mostly chain restaurants in the area though..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple