We just got back from our overnight here at the English Inn and I must say with three little kids in tow, we had a great stay. Due to some power outages in the areathe hotel was dealing with locals staying and not sure when they were checking out so our room wasn't quite ready when we got there. However despite the wait, they gave us a grand suite in the courtyard building that was just right for our large family. Te room was renovated a well equipped with lots of pillows and chairs. The bathroom was spacious and the double sink was great. The kitchenette was very nice too.
The place was very quite and we loved the copious breakfast with biscuits, grits, oatmeal, gravy, bacon, eggs, cereal, pancakes..youname it.
The staff was kind. The pool was recently painted and such and was very big. The floor was very slick and they could have used a few more chairs but my impression was they were updating it.
Couldn't beat this place for the price, service, and comfort. We look forward to our next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville