See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Worst Hotel/Motel stay ever! The people that worked there were very nice and friendly, but that is the only positive thing I can say. The room was dirty, old, nasty, and smelled horrible. The room smelled like mold, mildew, and ashtrays. The bed was very uncomfortable, very thin mattress and a very old mattress. There wasn't even a fitted sheet on the bed, the bottom sheet was a flat sheet that wasn't even tucked in. I have slept on better pull out sofa beds! The walls must be paper thin because I could hear everything else going on around us. We wouldn't even use the shower because we were so grossed out by the whole room. I'm not a picky person and don't require much from a hotel/motel for a one night stay, but this was just awful. Do not stay at this place!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this Motel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnie h
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed two nights while traveling up towards New York. A bit worn-out, but clean, comfortable, convenient and friendly. Close to town and campus, easy access in & out of town. Great value if you're looking for comfortable bed, and hot shower and few amenities.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have stayed at this particular Super 8 many times. We have seen it needing remodeling, then when that came, we were very pleased. The hall carpet still needs replacement, but the rooms look quiet impressive with orange carpet. The mexican restaruant is across the street and it's great to just walk over there. But on this particular day, Sept 16, 2011, we were surprised by one huge problem.......FLEAS!! and more FLEAS !
The motel accepts pets, but we never expected to be attacked by fleas. The clerk politely and efficiently changed our rooms to the second floor, but we had fleas following us. So we killed two or three more and were undisturbed the rest of the night. What got us a bit annoyed is that the clerk said they would use a roach bomb to take care of them. Fine. But why didn't the morning clerk know anything about it? Did she forget to relay the message or simply ignored us?. If you want to take the risk to go there, go ahead, but I'd give the motel a good 6 months to fix the flea problem. If you know anything about fleas, they multiply quickly. And if you want to check that first , this is how you do it. Put on some white socks and walk into the room (leave your luggage outside).........skoot your feet around and sit down and wait. Give it 5 minutes. If there are any fleas you should see them on your socks. It works every time. That night the rate was $77.00............we plan to spend a little more and go to somewhere that doesn't accept pets. At least for 2011.
As for you. Enjoy the town, but room at this motel at your own risk. Remember fleas attack children as well............it's all up to you. If Super 8 reads this, I challenge them to post when they have treated the entire 1st floor. Otherwise, we won't be there again this year. We plan 3 more trips to the town.....

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor for 2011
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salvador G
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Passing through for the night we decided to stay here. I was skeptical of staying here becuse of the other reviews on Trip Advisor. I can only speak from my experience here.

From the outside it doesnt look too bad. Looks average. Inside, the lobby is pretty small. There's only one outside entrance. I wouldn't call it "Wheelchair Accessible"
From the inside, including the rooms, it's definitely outdated and smells a bit. Elevators sound somewhat old. Like you could possibly get stuck inside them at some point in the near future. The rooms are small and the beds look a little old as well. I'm afraid to lift the mattress so I won't go there. The sheets also have burn holes from cigarettes in them.

Overall, if you're just passing through I guess its ok. But the price isn't worth it either ($71)
I had a better stay at the Super 8 in Savannah, GA less expensive and the place is brand new.

Save yourself the trouble....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
fd123, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to post a review! The area around the property is very safe, we are working on improving the outside lighting and overall property. This is a college town and many visitors are staying with us while visiting the University of Virginia and many local attractions. The property has new management and we would like to improve the customer experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

The outside is kind of run down. If you have ever seen "people of walmart" pics, you will see some of those here. The halls have no air and it is hot as hell. They have doused the place with room deodorizer and it is a bit overwhelming. The beds and pillows could be upgraded(esp the bed). Okay, that being said the woman a front desk is very nice, the room is clean,wifi service is great, a good Mexican restaurant across the street as well as a 7/11.
We are here to see Monticello and it is not to far. I might stay here again, if I could not find a better deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan W

Thank You for posting your review! We are new management and we are working to improve the property and the customer experience. We value your comments and reviews in order for us to make the changes needed. Thanks for telling us about the staff experience!