“Really good place”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Columbia, United States
“Really good place”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was a great place to stay: room was quiet, accomodations were good and the restaurant opened early for breakfast. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Would stay here again for business or pleasure as the hotel was easy access to local attractions.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Donna,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional experience and appreciate your kind words. I am glad that the hotel service team made you feel welcome and that you were able to enjoy TJ's Tavern. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - DoubleTree Charlottesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Saugus, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Double Tree Charlottesville is and excellent hotel. Beautiful, clean, good food and friendly staff. We recommend Double Tree to anyone who is visiting the Charlottesville area. The Tavern is an excellent lounge to sit and relax and have a cocktail and lunch or dinner. The food is excellent. Breakfast was also delicious. Can't say enough about the staff. So friendly and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Donna,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you always have a wonderful experience in TJ's Tavern. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and we will be sure to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you in again soon.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Needed one more night to reach Diamond so took a trip to Charlottesville. Shopping, dining - good trip. Highly recommend Bella's restaurant on Main, by the way.
This hotel is on a busy road with a Sam's club right next door and what I think was a car lot on the other side. I'm sure at one time this property was set off by itself overlooking the river, and it was special. Now you open the blinds and look at the semi in the unloading dock.
It's a shame because the hotel itself is quite nice and the staff we met were all great. It was very apparent that the hotel management keeps high standards. Can't comment on the food (we went to Bella's) but the bar area is well appointed and comfortable. Room was fine, clean and comfortable. For a budget stay and tour of Charlottesville and the wine country this is a yes (We'd go back). For a business conference where your funds are limited this is a yes (Like the we-buy-gold folks). For that special, scenic, quiet get away this place is a no, and I'm sorry to the hotel for saying that.

Room Tip: pool/whirlpool off lobby in atrium. Looks nice, bring a suit. 3rd floor is lobby level on hotel hi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit, we appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and are pleased you were able to maintain you Diamond membership. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and would consider joining us again. I regret that you were not able to enjoy the immediate location of the hotel. We thank you for your candid feedback, when you come to visit us again please allow us the opportunity to place you in a room facing the scenic landscape adjacent to the hotel so you can have a decadent meal in TJ's Tavern and enjoy a romantic evening. We look forward to welcoming you back, please reach out to me directly if I may be of any assistance.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 2 weekends in a row. We drove to Charlottesville to pick up a family member. I found the hotel on my TA mobile app. The hotel is very nice. The indoor pool and spa was the highlight for us! Very relaxing with a great view. The only down sides, for me, was the bed being too hard and mattress didn't seem to be good quality. Also, no microfrig in room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rock n Roll,
I am pleased that the fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor drew you to our location. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and all of our amenities, such as the salt water pool and the wonderful views. Please accept my apologies that you did not find the bedding to be comfortable, we will use your comments to monitor this area and take opportunities to improve. Upon your future visit, please know that you can request to have a refrigerator sent to your room. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Buffalo, Missouri
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel was off the beaten path for us as we were on the interstate to the coast for the holidays. We planned an extra day to see Monticello and UVA (I'm a Thomas Jefferson junkie). Got to the hotel after dark and received a warm greeting with cookies from the nice lady at the front desk. Was not thrilled with the parking lot. We ate at the in-house restaurant TJ's and liked it very much.

The room was average only, no real complaints.

WARNING!
We booked this room through Expedia and I thought I got a low rate with good amenities. One of them being breakfast buffet. We ate there the next morning and found out there are rates for two buffets---hot and cold. This was not explained! Also not clear was that my Expedia rate included neither of the two buffets. Talked to the front desk and got no help because I booked through Expedia. That hot buffet cost us half of what my room did!!!

It was an average hotel with a hair-raising breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure your breakfast is included and check to see if it is hot or cold buffet!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chevybb
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Chevy BB,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We have shared your feedback about the details of your reservation with our team and the team at Expedia in an effort to improve that information. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance with anything.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Barboursville, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

So my husband and I are moving to Charlottesville for Business and our stuff isn't here yet, so we needed a hotel to stay in for a week. I did all kinds of research to find a pet friendly hotel that had a good rating and offered King size beds. After looking at every hotel in the area online, I chose the Doubletree by Hilton. I am SO GLAD I DID!! This place is amazing.They have a one time only pet fee of $25 and they do hold a $50 a day incidentals on your card but if you don't use they don't take it, The restaurant is a little on the spendy side but their food is very good. They have a security guard on duty all night long to watch over your cars and they also have an indoor pool and fitness room. As for us, we used our AAA membership and got the room for $84 on week night and $91 on weekends. Not bad at all I'd say. My only complaint is that our heater fan stayed on all night and in order to feel the heat when we first got into our room, we had to turn the heater up to 85 till it got warm, but it appears that they may be in the process of changing they way the heater/air conditioner is controlled because there is a tuch control devise on the wall that isn't hooked up yet.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are on the main level which technically is the 3rd floor. The one's on the back side a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
JokjH,
Online reviews and feedback is so helpful to future travelers like yourself, so I appreciate you taking the time to leave some comments of your own. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you and your husband with us. We in the travel industry can appreciate how tumultuous a long move can be and are glad that we were able to be a great temporary home-base while you waited for your belongings. I hope that you had a smooth transition and are settled in nicely. We hope to have a chance to welcome you, or your visiting family back.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Double Tree was the ONLY hotel in Charlottesville that allowed dogs AND had an indoor pool - both amenities very important to us as we were traveling with 2 dogs and 2 kids. The rate was cheaper than other comparable hotels in the area. We were amazed at the overall high quality of the entire facility and the friendliness of the staff. This definitely will be our go-to hotel in Charlottesville for all future trips, especially when we travel with our dogs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portoflio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We can appreciate what an important part of the family your furry friends are and are glad to have been able to welcome them. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the salt water pool. We can’t wait to welcome you back when you are in the area again.