“Krausert-Richards Wedding”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The beds were amazingly comfortable and helped me fall to sleep quickly at night. I was extremely disappointed in the bathrooms however. There was no bathtub and the shower had no lip so all the water leaked everywhere in the bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I am pleased that you were able to join us for the wedding. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room, with all of its comfortable amenities. Please know that most of our bathrooms do have tubs, we typically utilize rooms with roll-in showers in the event of limited bed types. Please know that you can request a room with a bathtub upon your return. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Doubletree Charlottesville

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here recently for a wedding. Lovely hotel with great views of the fall foliage ion Charlottesville. Wonderful event staff. Very friendly front desk staff. Room was very nice and clean. Comfortable bed. Executive level room come with complimentary cocktail reception from 5-8 pm and breakfast in the morning. Also, the executive level is on the 9th floor and has the best views. Only complaint was the housekeeping staff entering our room without knocking when we were getting ready. Overall would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 9th floor (executive level).

Brian,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the wedding. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. It is a beautiful time of year in Charlottesville and I am glad you were able to take in the foliage. Our team has used your experience as a training opportunity for our housekeeping staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was our first visit to Charlottesville; we traveled there to attend a wedding. We booked this Hilton using points.We are usually very happy with our stays at Hiltons, but not this time.
I would have given it a "terrible," but the front desk staff was very helpful and professional, as were the 2 waiters we had for breakfast. There was a rowdy group of partiers in the hallway at midnight and when I called the front desk, they immediately sent security up, which was appreciated.
The rooms are very run down. There scratches on the toilet seat (which I double checked to make sure it wasn't dirty). The bifold closet doors were difficult to open and close. The door to the room wouldn't close on its own; we had to make sure to close it (which we didn't realize until we came back, meaning our door was ajar all day long). The general decor was dated and worn.
The bar was crowded one night with convention-goers and it was difficult to get service. One of the bartenders ignored a request to adjust one of the 3 TVs so we could see the score.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Cheryl,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you were able to join us for the wedding. I am glad that the service you experienced from our reception, servers, and security teams was to the high level that we expect. Please accept my apologies that you did not find your guest room to be to the standards that you expect. We follow all Hilton property improvement plans and will continue to update the property based on your additional recommendations. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

All the personnel were friendly and helpful. My travel mate became ill and we stayed an extra night. Nothing to do with the wonderful meals we had at Doubletree. The roasted chicken and creamy potatoes with succotash aided in recovery!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Nancy,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am pleased you were able to stay with us an additional night, and regret that it wasn't under better circumstances. Our team at TJ's tavern takes great pride in the dishes they out and love to hear when they are well received. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The workers are very nice and it is very well maintained. The pool and hot tub are nice pluses. I did notice that you had to make sure the room door actually shut. It did not close on its own weight and had to be pushed shut.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Eric,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the salt water pool and hot tub. Thank you for letting us know about your door, maintenance will adjust the tension of the door. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would have given this location all 10's but the internet signal seemed to stop and start and they cut me off the day of checkout. People need it most then to confirm airline reservations. When the front desk was called their answer was " I can't help you, you can go to Mac Donald or use the business center." The business center had a line of people waiting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Allen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay overall and sincerely regret that the internet put a damper on your visit. I can appreciate how vital internet access is to arranging airline boarding information as well as getting work done. We will be looking into solutions for guests who have already checked out of their rooms, thank you for bringing the intermittent service to our attention. We hope that you have a chance to join us again soon. Please be sure to reach out me if you need any assistance with upcoming reservations

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The setting and appearance of the hotel and lobby led me to expect that the mattresses would be good quality. Everything was up-to-date and clean, service friendly, too. But the mattresses were mushy without providing support, like kids had jumped on them far too often. Other family members were renting other rooms, and one sister-in-law claimed she had never slept in a worst bed. Yet another ended up resorting to sleeping on the floor because the mattress was so bad. Since we were there for 4 nights, I told the front desk, and they let me check out another room - but the mattresses there were just as worn out. I say cookies upon check-in are nice and so are all the other amenities - but a good night's sleep depends on decent mattresses. These need to be replaced!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Shawschey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide the highest quality service and amenities and your feedback is an invaluable tool for us to continue improving. I am pleased that the cleanliness, service, location, décor, and other distinctive amenities were to the high level that we expect. I understand that sleep is a very individual experience and regret that we did not meet your expectations with our bedding. Our team reviews all guest comments so we can take opportunities to improve. I hope that you allow us a chance to welcome you back again. Please reach out to me directly when you do so I can ensure you have the rejuvenating sleep that you deserve.