“Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Bowie Maryland
“Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree Charlottesville last weekend for my daughter's wedding at a local vineyard. Our friends and family used over fifty rooms. During the week preceding the wedding weekend, I had a lot of changes and requests. Steve, the manager, responded to each request with a "No problem" or "Done!" He was able to move room assignments so that family members were close together, and he managed to book me and my husband into a lovely suite on the eighth floor. It was the perfect gathering place for everyone on the rainy weekend; it was nice to have people visit without having them sitting on the beds. Steve never made me feel as if I was pestering him, even though it was a UVA game weekend, so the hotel was fully booked. Steve and the rest of the staff were always friendly and professional, the rooms were spotless, and the restaurant and other gathering spots were spacious perfect for catching up with family and friends. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The higher floors have lovely views of the trees and the gazebo and garden below. Our room even had...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Florence,
I am so pleased that you and your family were able to join us for such a special occasion. Congratulations to your daughter! On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We will be sure to recognize Steven for the assistance that he provided you during your planning time. We truly believe that service should be provided with one purpose in mind, to create memorable moments for you and the ones you love. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
nevada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Recent stay (Sept 7-8 '13) at Doubletree Charlottesville was among most disappointing Hilton stays, ever. I am Hilton Honors Diamond, made reservation months in advance, spoke with property staff prior to visit, typical communication. What room type, quiet location, executive/top floor, blah blah. I chose this hotel because the college football team I follow was staying here also, brings a large group, generally indicating top service and accomodations in whatever college town we are staying. The per night price, $400+, would also generally indicate above average accomodations. Wrong. At check in, snide clerk, not helpful on explaining lack of typical Honor Gold/Diamond perks, blamed chaos on being sold out, etc. The room, #332, is a disaster. General Manager laughed when telling me I was a weekend too early, that the beat to death furnishings, bed etc. were all to replaced following Monday. Shabby crappy doesn't quite get it. This "suite" should never be rented for actually sleeping in. It has a large meeting/conference area, which is fine, but it and the bedroom are just next to the only HUGE air intake fans for the entire complex. If you can think locomotive engine sounds running through and vibrating your room, you get the picture. Never stay here, never stay in this room.

Room Tip: Plenty of great choices in this gorgeous Jeffersonian area, stay close to downtown/Univ of Virginia...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank markduck
Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. I would like to truly apologize for the opportunities we missed to take care of you during your stay. The service you experienced was not a reflection of typical interactions. The suite you were given has been refurnished, and I regret that it was not updated in time for your visit. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, clean and they have all the amenities. The front desk staff was great. However, the first day I made a request to housekeeping (they have little cards that say if you need something just call) well I called for extra coffee and soap. 3 hours later no on had shown up. Additionally, our room was not cleaned for 3 days until I called and complained. Initially I called housekeeping (twice) and got vm. I left a message. Hours passed, still no one came. So finally I called the front desk. Then they sent someone to tidy up (remove dirty towels, empty trash, etc) This was a major annoyance.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Kelly,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed all of the lovely amenities that we have to offer. Please accept my apologies that we missed some opportunities to assist you. Please know that we will address the comments you shared with our housekeeping team to ensure prompt response to all requests. Unless you had requested not to be disturbed we clean rooms every day and we will investigate the oversight. I certainly hope that you have a chance to join us again so we can provide the great service at each opportunity.
Italy
Reviewed September 24, 2013

good location, the pub-restaurant could be better. nice rooms quite and tidy. One and half deriving from Richmond Airport. fast check in and check out. very close to a nice and quite area with trees and squarrels

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Alessandro,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input to improve. Our future guests find it invaluable when selecting a place to stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your room as well as the hotel and that you had a chance to explore the wooded area we are situated by. Please reach out to me directly with any additional feedback about your experience in TJ's Tavern so that we have a chance to address that with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Bigfork, Montana
Reviewed September 20, 2013

wonderful for pets and people alike we had a wonderful stay and also enjoyed bar and restaurant the rooms were clean and the service very good. we would stay here again and will for more Doubletree Inns again that are pet friendly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
GG60,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am glad that you were able to join us with your four legged family member. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I understand the hotel was full BUT....our particular experience was TERRIBLE. I booked 2 rooms through your 800 #. We were given 2 handicap accessible rooms which obviously had not been serviced for quite some time. The shower did not work without excessive force in 1 of the rooms and those inhabitants could not take a shower, also the handle inside the bathroom did not work.....it fell off in the persons hands when they tried to exit the room. My room obviously had not been thoroughly cleaned in months. The curtains were filthy, there were spiders and spider webs in the room, the bathroom floors and baseboards had not been cleaned in months. I called the front desk to ask for another set of rooms and all they could tell me was that they would send a maid to clean. I said " are you serious ? " It was 11 pm as we had not checked in until 10 PM. We did not feel comfortable having a maid clean the room at that late hour. Seemed to us the rooms should have been clean and in good repair before our check in. The lobby was very nice, clean and well appointed and the breakfast supplied in our package was very good BUT the overall quality of our experience was TERRIBLE.

1 Thank ukrainian_13
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Ukranian,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. We take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, Hilton has established very strict standards for cleanliness for all of their hotels. Please accept my sincere apologies that the cleanliness and maintenance of your room was not to the high standards that we expect. I have communicated your valuable comments with our team and; rest assured, these will be used as training opportunity to ensure it never occurs again. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food was awesome and event planning with Ms. Sam Giles so easy and all was great and fun. We will be back and plan more stays and events at this Double Tree!! Thank you all! The food here is tops!!The staff very kind and helpful , Pool area is great and everyone was so helpful making the surprise 83rd birthday. Thanks for helping make it all happen!

Molly B,
Congratulations on planning a successful and memorable birthday bash! We are so pleased that you shared you special family event with us. I am glad that the food and service you experienced was to the high standard that we expect and I am overjoyed that you will be back with us again. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.