“Really Nice Stay Before a Flight”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed here before and I wasn't so happy with the hotel. It's a beautiful hotel, with an open view pool sunken two floors below the lobby. It is the most conveniently located, quality hotel for a stay before a flight from the Charlottesville Airport.

So, what was different about my stay at the Doubletree this time? I opted to book a room on the executive floor. The executive rooms are on the ninth floor of the hotel. The last time I stayed there it was noisy all night. On the executive floor, I got a good night's sleep. The executive floor doesn't cost that much more and you also receive complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the evening and complimentary breakfast in the morning. I had to leave too early in the morning to try the breakfast, but the evening fair was quite good.

I did also use the pool and found a nice place to run in the evening. All and all, with a room on the executive floor, I can highly recommend the Doubletree!

Room Tip: Book the Executive Floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Sailor Man,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I am very pleased that you opted for an Executive Level room for this visit; it certainly makes nice difference to have food available throughout the day. Please know that no matter the floor you are on we do have quiet rooms available. Everyone sleeps differently, so be sure to let reception know what may disrupt your evening and we can make selections for you. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a business trip. The property is older but well maintained. I stayed on the second, and it is clear that they've allowed smoking until recently. They could stand to employ some more rigorous cleaning techniques to get rid of the smell.

The hotel has some nice amenities including a nice bar and restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. The staff was very friendly.

My main problem: the thermostat was right above the vent for the AC so it got a false temperature, and the room never got cool enough for my taste. It wasn't excessively warm, but I like to be cool when I sleep.

Otherwise, my stay was pleasant and comfortable. There are lots of restaurants close by. Suggestions: Baja Bean just across 29 from the hotel. Go straight at the light towards the BP and head left on the little feeder road along 29. Another great place was Brick Oven. Excellent salad bar, and brick oven pizza. What's better than that? To get there turn right onto 29 and go maybe 3/4 a mile to the Lowe's/Kroger shopping center. Also, there is a Wal-Mart and Sam's right beside the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Benny,
Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your recent visit. I am pleased that our amenities such as the fitness center and restaurant helped to enhance your visit. I regret that the floor you were on was not a fresh as you should expect and that the temperature of your room was not a cool as you would prefer. Please know that we will use your comments to monitor that quality and take steps to improve your experience. Great restaurant recommendations, there are many other great spots in downtown, be sure to chat with our team during your next trip and we will help you explore even more. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

There are not a lot of choices in Charlottesville. This hotel is close to Rivanna Station for business and they have great chocolate chip cookies! Like so many hotels, some rooms are better than others, some stays are better than others. This was my 4th stay and my least favorable experience--I was in Room 311 with a lovely view of Sam's Club parking lot. The elevators must have been 95 degrees inside. Depends on how much time you spend in your room. For me, it was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Christine M

Christine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I am pleased that our location is convenient for the businesses you visit while in Charlottesville. We pride ourselves on providing a consistently wonderful experience. I regret that this was not the case for you during this visit. Please let us know if you come across a room configuration that you prefer and we will work to meet that request. Please know that the elevator temperatures have been adjusted and we will use your comment to monitor that quality. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please reach out to me directly so we can ensure that all of your requests are met and we provide the best experience possible.
edailey@greenwoodhospitlity.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Great small meeting areas inside and outside too. Staff was nice. Major elevator problems while there for 2 days. The elevators were to be fixed right away. Meeting rooms were nice and staff accomodated gluten free diet.

• Stayed: June 2013

Robyn & Vitto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I appreciate your mention of the attentiveness and service that our staff exhibited while you were with us. We pride ourselves on that and it is great to know when we have met our expectations. We do have a number of menu items that are inherently gluten free, or can be prepared as such. Dietary sensitivities are increasingly common and we aim to accommodate all of them. I am pleased that you found the meeting spaces to be comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am sitting in the gorgeous lobby of this motel as I write this. To quote a previous post, "high end, especially for the money." We got a good rate on priceline and have spent the last two nights here, one more to go. The staff is very friendly and on top of their game. Would I stay here again? Yes, yes, and YES!
This motel is in a nice area, convenient to restaurants and shopping, but it is a little hard to find the first time you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Imullet,
I am pleased that you have enjoyed our beautiful hotel. Thank you for taking some time out of your visit to share your comments. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We try to make everyone’s visit a “Home away from Home” by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service and the best of amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great stay. Very nice rooms, high end especially for the price we paid. Great staff, and the best showers we ever experienced in a hotel! This was the last night in Virginia after a long week and a wonderful wedding. We are so glad that this was our last stop as we needed some R and R and definitely got it here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Deborah,
I am pleased that you were able to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad that our staff and guest rooms provided just the relaxing and revitalizing experience that you needed. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My agency had a one day conference for 175 people, many of us stayed at the hotel. the Breakfast and lunch that were part of the convention were fine. I also had breakfast inlcuded in room cost, and the breakfast buffet had all you could ask for. The staff at the hotel were on the ball for the entire convention; excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Robert,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent convention. Thank you for your kind comments about our team. We strive to provide seamless service and it is great to know when we have hit our mark. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.