Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
$219
$169
  • Pool
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$116
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
GardenInn.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
$184
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$169
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$112
$102
SleepInn
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
$165
1,463 results
All reviewsdouble treeexecutive floorsam's clubcookiesindoor poolfront desk staffbreakfast buffethot tubbusiness centerc villefitness centernice staywalmartloungeconferenceuvatavern
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for a business visit last month. The hotel is very well kept and their restaurant is open till late. I like to grab a bite whenever I am working late. The hotel is always full, which tells me people like coming back and staying with them. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Doubletree ranks a 5 in my travel experience! From the time you check in, the service is wonderful! TJ's resturant has a good variety to choose from and the food is excellent! The rooms are very clean and spacious! The choice of pillows is excellent!

Room Tip: Book a room on the 9th floor (conceige). They offer evening snacks and drinks as well as morning breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel56
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Overall, this is a great hotel to stay at but I feel like there were a few things that dampened my enthusiasm to stay here again.

First, it seems like there is a lack of attention to detail by the maintenance personnel at the hotel. My hotel sink had a large blob of pink putty (presumably to seal the gap between the sink and the counter) along the back of the sink. I also could not figure out why there is a wall thermostat that does nothing. If you want to change the temperature, you must walk up to the wall AC unit. In the fitness center, one of the treadmills had a broken increase volume button for the personal TV.

Second, I am being led to believe that this hotel must have a few floors for smokers. I got a room on a non-smoking floor but whenever I got into the elevator, I could smell the smoke. It is definitely not a hotel for anyone who is sensitive to smoke.

Third, the internet is incredibly slow. I know the internet is free but I would expect the speed to at least let you load web pages in a timely manner.

While this hotel was certainly reasonably priced and overall a great value, I will consider looking elsewhere next time I’m in Charlottesville.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank taniguck
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were surprised on a recent trip, not having stayed at a doubletree, how nice and how large this hotel was. Several people traveling with us also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and ability to go to the hotel bar in the evening. It is convenient to Charlottesville airport and much of the city's shopping area, but it can be a chore to get to the city center/UVA campus during rush hour through that same shopping strip. We were also a bit frustrated that the staff put the bill under the door of one of the guests in our group who was being treated to the room as a present after leaving explicit instructions to give another member of our party all the bills.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank C F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in November 2012. From the outside, the hotel looks like it would be rather plain and "blah." It looks like an older hotel; clean but old and unremarkable. But once you step inside, it is actually quite nice. I was here for a conference and the conference rooms were clean and well-kept with good temperature control. I didn't see people shivering or sweating. The lobby was very clean and modern. The inside of the hotel looks quite different from what I expected from the outside. The food was nice and the room itself was great. The staff was friendly and offered a warm cookie upon arrival. When I locked myself out, they replaced my key in about 14 seconds with a smile.

I had 1 King bed on the 7th floor overlooking the parking lot to Sam's Club and the mountains. There are only 2 elevators and while they move swiftly, there were times where there was a bit of a wait. The bed was super comfortable and the room was a good size. There was a desk with internet port, a sofa, coffee table and a flat screen TV. Importantly, the room has free wi-fi that operates reasonably well. Streaming video from Youtube hiccuped a few times on my ipad, but loading up basic web pages and sending emails was no problem.

The bathroom was very nice. and clean. I hate peeling wallpaper, water stains and dirty grout. This was entirely the opposite. Everything was pristine and both the bathroom and main room have trash baskets that let you separate out paper recycling. No weird noises, no weird smells. It was a very nice, clean room.

I didn't swim but the pool set-up is a bit weird. It is on the lobby level and everyone in the lobby or restaurant can see you swimming. The exercise room is very small with just a few pieces of equipment but everything seemed to be in working order.

The location itself is pretty good in that it is just down the street from quite a few restaurants,strip malls and a mall. Chik-fila, Walmart, Red Robin, Panera, Outback, Jimmy Johns, Asian buffet restaurants and a bunch of other things are very close by. None of it is the cute, picturesque scene you'd fine near the UVA campus, but it is functional. Great location for business but not necessarily for the quaint little weekend getaway. Not so great for romantic outings.

Room Tip: The lobby is actually on the 3rd floor with a conference room and exercise facilities on the lower levels (1 and 2). So 3rd floor is actually "ground floor" in the event that you are looking for a higher room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business