“Perfect location near airport, UVA & sites”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree to be near UVA for a lacrosse game and were not disappointed! It location is an easy 5-10 minutes from the hotel on Route 29 South across fro Walmart, SAms Club, Rhetts River Grill & Shopping not to mention about 8 minutes from UVA on Route 29. Must see sites such as the Rotunda and 20 mins from wineries & Monticello. Hotel rooms so comfortable with great beds, clean large rooms & a great open bridge overlooking the pool. the lounge is great and large and we watched the basketball game with a group of 20 in the lobby. Many TVs for viewing all over the hotel. Breakfast buffet great killer omletes. we will return for sure!

Room Tip: If possible upgrade to concierge level.. join hilton honors it helps, as they have free continental...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I got this hotel using Priceline and I am SO happy! After walking into the marble (gorgeous) lobby, I was greeted at check-in with a warm chocolate chip cookie. My room was beautiful. The beds had ample pillows, and were very soft. One big plus was free wi-fi and tons of outlets! Hotels I've been to recently I've had to look for outlets - the Doubletree had them all over.

The bathroom was pretty small, but other than the smaller space and light coming in from the outside (it didn't bother me enough to try to close the curtains), the room was perfect.

I spent some time in the jacuzzi. The pool area was in a slightly awkward spot - everyone who is going to their rooms crosses the bridge overlooking the pool/fitness center area. The pool/fitness center is well maintained and had plenty of fresh, clean towels.

I saw other guests with dogs - it appeared as if the first floor rooms had sliding glass doors. I'm guessing dogs stayed on that floor. The location was completely convenient for my business travel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our organization has held our staff meetings consecutively at this DoubleTree hotel just north of Charlottesville, VA off of Rt. 29. Our recent meeting toward the end of February 2012, was the best! The support our group received from the set-up of the meeting rooms and the food were superb. Even when we asked for a last minute request for a projection screen, Steve Glass - AV manager, was very helpful in arranging this for us with no hesitation. We greatly appreciate his and everyone's efforts. My organization will most definitely choose this hotel again in the future for another staff meeting. Another reason we like it here very much is the centralized location and ease to get from around the state of Virginia.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaTraveler072
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had a nice stay here. Rooms were clean, staff friendly and helpful, and convenient location. Didn't use the pool/workout facilities but they looked well-kept. Good drinks at the bar!:) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've had to stay at the Doubletree only because my company has a contract. I've been here half a dozen times over the past year and keep running into student groups. It seems the hotel likes to cater to schools and universities which means lots of noisy kids up and down the halls all night long. Not good for the business traveler who has to get up early. The walls are paper thin which means you hear every scream, screech and laugh coming from the students rooms. You would think the hotel would be savvy enough to separate business travelers from student organizations. Food is adequate at best. Always seems to be something wrong. On this last trip not only did I run into students but no ice on the floor. I was on 5 th floor and had to go to 3rd to get ice. The elevator did not work. The tv had bad reception (snowy picture for 2 days) and the hot water ran out every morning and my tub did not drain.

Business travelers should stick to Hilton Garden Inn or Omni.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank travelingK7863
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice already for concert and must say that i have not had a negative experience yet. My girlfriend and I have stayed there to go to a concert both time. the hotel does have a shuttle and are very helpful, but shuttle will not pick you back up. if going to a concert, make sure that you leave early because traffic can get bad. but overall very good experience.

Room Tip: Try booking through Priceline,com we got the room for %65 off original price.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankieV70
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I enjoyed the location and the room service was excellent. There was a crane outside my window at 6:30 AM to install a boiler! I complained about the noise and being awakened by it and was refunded one night of stay. I also found an insect in the room and reported it. I expected better from a Hilton chain. But it was good to see the prompt response and customer service of the Front Desk Staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business