Hampton Inn and Suites Charlottesville - At The University
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed February 17, 2007

I stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting a friend at UVA Hospital. I found it a wonderful hotel. The front desk people were friendly and helpful, all the employees were wonderful--even the housekeeping staff took time to stop and say hello, how are you. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was a bit crowded due to a swim team who were all eating at the same time. (perhaps a separate room could be provided for large group's breakfast) There was a shuttle provided to and from the hospital, which is only a short walk away. (I rode because of the cold, but would walk if the weather was better). A great experience, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bc-in-nc

Reviewed October 24, 2006

Travelling to Charlottesville for business, I selected the Hampton Inn because of its proximity to downtown. After making my reservation, I thought everything was ready.

When I arrived at the hotel about 20 minutes prior to check-in time, I was informed that my room had a late check out and would not be availabe until around 6PM that evening!

I am very disappointed in the fact that a hotel would allow such a late check out, knowing that the room is reserved for later in the day. I would certainly look elsewhere before booking here again!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank birdwatcher859
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Ok, so it is a chain hotel and is a safe choice for those who want familiarity. I wouldn't call this hotel particularly elegant but it is clean and well located for visitors to the area. We walked into the main are of Charlottesville (about a 15 minute walk along the well lit and busy Main Street). We had a standard King room - our room was on the 4th floor and faced the main road - we could hear traffic noise but nothing that kept us awake. My parents had a room, also on the 4th floor but faced the back - not much of a view as they could see the backs of buildings and the railroad in the distance. But then you don't come to a city to sit in your room and look out the window!

Breakfast was adequate and nothing to rave about. Hot choices the morning we were there were slices of smoked sausage and waffles which looked very dry. Toast, cereal and fruit were a better bet and the coffee wasn't bad.

I'd definitely recommend it if you are looking for a hotel close to the University and the centre of the city. We will probably stay again. Those looking for a nice, elegant romantic stay might want to consider other options!

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank London_bird
Reviewed April 28, 2006

We just left this Hotel a few days ago. We were extremely pleased with everything. We stayed in a 2 bed suite. The manager placed us in the exact location that we had requested - Away from noise. We hardly knew there was anyone else on our floor. The room was exceptionally clean, comfortable and everything was in proper working order. As others have already said, there is some street noise - but nothing that kept us awake at night. The location is excellent - by the University and near the Historic downtown district. We had a 3 night stay and were able to rest comfortably at night. The only drawback is that this hotel is expensive, but you get what you pay for. We definitely would stay there again.

5  Thank redmoon
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I spent just one night here while attending a wedding at the UVA chapel. I wish I could have stayed here longer. The regular rooms are nothing fancy but boy are they clean and comfortable. I slept like a rock and had a great breakfast in the lobby. Best of all checkout time was not until noon so I did not have to rush to get out of there.

4  Thank FRANKIE569
Reviewed April 12, 2006

The hotel is nice, clean, and a great location.. but service is very poor. We had two rooms. Both parties requested wake up calls when we checked in and neither of us got one, so we were both late getting going. My wife tried to use the hair dryer and it was broken. I am a Hilton Honors member but got no paper. At check out I asked for a "comment card" and was told they dont have any! No wonder! Too bad such a nice place with such poor service.

5  Thank Big Hugo
Reviewed March 21, 2006

March 17-19
DH and I decided to take a long weekend and visit Monticello and downtown Charlottesville area. All other hotels in the immediate area of the university/downtown were booked. I kept checking online and was lucky to book this room the day before we left. Our AAA rate was $130. We arrived at 8:30 pm. exhausted and were greeted by a wonderful surprise: the hotel was beautiful, very clean. Loved the fireplace in the lobby. In the lobby there is also a computer with internet for guest use. Plenty of parking. Our King room was clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was huge. I think this was an accessible room. We did not hear any noises, very quiet. Breakfast was plentiful, on Sunday they offered hot scrambled eggs. We had no problem getting a table for breakfast. In the afternoon they put out fresh baked cookies. They offer hot beverages in the breakfast area all the time and the "sweet shop" had free magazines available. Pizza shop and chinese restaurant are across the street, very convenient. Location is very convenient, about two blocks down from the University, we walked over to the Rotunda to tour. also visited other shops and restaurants near the university.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank Maryland990
Travelers also viewed these Charlottesville hotels
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
#10 of 35 in Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
Omni Charlottesville
#5 of 35 in Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesvill...
#7 of 35 in Charlottesville
Hyatt Place Charlottesville
Hyatt Place Charlottesville
#3 of 35 in Charlottesville
5 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesv...
#12 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlottesville - At The University? Share your experiences!