This is a very nice Hampton Inn and Suites in an excellent location. While not a 5 star luxury hotel, I would give it a 5 star rating for the type of hotel it is except for one thing. I have stayed there 5 times in the past two years so obviously, I've been pleased but consistently I have had the same experience with the complimentary breakfast. There is a gentleman who stands at the entrance to the breakfast area in a very officious manner. For the most part, he has been unfriendly and doesn't seem to have a specific duty other than to watch the guests attending breakfast. I felt like he was monitoring how many biscuits I took!(only 1 if you're wondering).
I can certainly understand the hotel has to keep out non-guests who might try to sneak in for a free breakfast but checking a room key would take care of that. Often times, I will come downstairs and get my children cereal and take it back to the room, or I may come down and get a cup of coffee or juice and take it back to the room before I come down to eat breakfast-hence I might "visit" the breakfast area more than one time.
I think it's reasonable to stay the "complimentary" breakfast is not free but is included in the rate paid for the room. Hospitality is missing in the morning at this Hampton, otherwise no complaints..
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Charlottesville - At The University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charlottesville - At The University Hotel Charlottesville
- Hampton Inn Hotel Charlottesville
- Hampton Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Hampton Inn