Hampton Inn and Suites Charlottesville - At The University
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My father spent a week in the hospital at UVA and the staff at the hotel were wonderful to my family as we stayed in the hotel. The location is perfect and the free shuttle service was really nice. We had to extend our stay and the staff especially,
Perry, were extremely helpful and took care of everything.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for six nights November and December. Our room was spacious and our King bed was very comfortable. The food was very good in the morning and a nice treat at night. The Staff was very friendly and always professional. Great place to stay when you have someone in the hospital. Our experience can best be summed up as "First Class".

Room Tip: Close hotel to UVA Hospital, Free shuttle bus to and from the hospital.
1 Thank Brian E
Annapolis
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel was nearly perfect for our needs. I have four young boys so we stayed in the double-bed suite. My husband and I shut them off in that room and enjoyed the fireplace and a movie. The room was clean and the kitchen was really nice. The couch wasn't really comfortable for relaxing after a long day, but I guess my expectations were low on that one. Our room was on the second floor and near an intersection, so I did hear some loud traffic noise, but it was a Saturday night. The area is next to the University, so it's not the quietest of areas, but it wasn't too bad. My biggest and only complain really was the breakfast area. It is such a small/crowded space - especially during peak times - which seemed to be when we were there. I was miserable with my young children. They really should expand somehow. There is a casual kabob restaurant right across the street - Ariana - and apparently it's rated well. I would stay here again.

1 Thank 4boysmommy
COLUMBIA
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here while traveling to New Jersey to spend Thanksgiving with family. We wanted to visit Monetcello as we never had been there. Montecello was cool and the hotel was quite a treat. Not sure why, but upon arrival I was upgraded to a suite. with a separate living area, kitchen and bedroom. I had never stayed in one of the "and suites" at a Hampton Inn before. As is our usual experience with Hampton Inns, the place was quite clean and staff was professional and attentive. Front desk staff provided an excellent suggestion for dinner and the next morning's breakfast was a cut above some other Hamptons. Only minor issue was poor TV reception in the bedroom, but I didn't notice until we were preparing to leave. I informed the staff on check out. They were apologetic and promised to fix before the next guest. The hotel is located between the Old Main area and the UVA campus in downtown Charlottesville within walking distance of both. I would highly recommend the facility and will return.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a busy downtown corner so an upper story might be beneficial. We had no sound problems...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SCShaker
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Nothing else matters if I can't take a hot shower. Got about 7 minutes of lukewarm water before it went cold. I hope this was an isolated incident; however, I would be afraid to return and find out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tinainvirginia
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Usual good service of Hampton Inns; helpful staff, good location near the hospital, the university and the downtown mall. Gorgeous lobby, very comfortable to wait for others; separate and comfortable computer/business center off the lobby. Only issue was the lock plate on the door; we could see the hall light around the entire door, hear everything in the corridor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The hospitality of the staff is outstanding. They are all professionally, neatly dressed, even the maintenance personnel. The staff is always busy cleaning, straightening up, etc. At the breakfast in the morning, the staff is right there, picking up, cleaning tables, making the area always ready for guests. They also have a van which will drive you to a restaurant and pick you back up. The hotel is in a nice location, easy to get in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple