Hampton Inn Charlottesville
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$116
Hotels.com
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$140
Doubletree.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$117
$107
SleepInn
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$142
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$196
$181
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$240
$208
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$107
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$134
Hotels.com
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
$195
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$149
$116
Travelocity
1,083 results
All reviewscookiescheese and crackersroom was cleangreat place to staythe breakfast areabathroom doorfree breakfaststay there againfront desk staffwhole foodsup to dateshuttle servicevery nice hoteloatmealfresh fruitfitness centerstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The two guys at the desk were attentive and tried their best to get me to my room with minimum hassle. I appreciate that after a long drive.

I also liked the fact that despite not having a fitness center, they have an agreement with the local Gold's Gym for hotel guests. That's a nice touch.

The room was quiet and had a nice flat screen TV (I'm starting to snobbily look down on rooms that have the old CRT TVs). The bathroom is small, but plenty big enough if you aren't into spreading out all your belongings.

Overall, a nice place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TDYguy
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Pros: Good location. Hot & plentiful breakfast. Very dedicated customer service. Cathy (assistance general / manager) not only picked out a beautiful arrangement of flowers to be delivered to our room, she even made dinner reservations for us (our plans changed due to the weather, and my husband was having a hard time trying to make our anniversary special). He called the hotel while we were out wine tasting; he explained the situation to Cathy. He told her my favorite flowers, the amount he wanted to spend, and my favorite food. Cathy did the rest. I was totally surprised when we returned to our room & found the flowers waiting. She really saved the day, and helped my husband to make me feel special. This is better than any high class hotels we stayed at in the past. I’m still amazed at the high level of customer service provided. Thank you, thank you, thank you Cathy!!!!

Cons: We stayed in room 408, and it was on the smaller side. Not much counter space in the bathroom. AC took a while to cool down room. Weak water pressure, but the hot water was great. No microwave in room, but there’s one in the breakfast area (in the lobby) to use. Very small luggage cart.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again. If everyone provided the same amazing customer service as Cathy, Hampton Inn would give those more expensive hotels a run for their money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetravelbugs2010
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The hotel was in a good location near all sorts of eatery's and shopping. Lots of fun tourists things to do including tours through Thomas Jefferson & James Monroe house. Under 30 minutes to Shenandoah National Park which was simply breath-taking. Staff was helpful in getting me to the places that I wanted to see. If you are going to explore the area as I did, make sure you have hand written directions and a map since my GPS didn't work so well up in those mountains. Room was clean and the bathrooms looked very new. Internet was good and easy to access. TV reception was good. Enjoyed my stay! Thank you Hampton Inn Charlottesville!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stay at this hotel once a month when I travel to Charlottesville for a business meeting and highly recommend it! It's truly like "home away from home" for me and it's very convenient. There are numerous shops and restaurants within walking distance and it's only 2 or 3 miles from the historic downtown district. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are excellent. Very comfortable and clean!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

In the past 50 days, I have spent 20 nights at 9 different hotels. Most of these have similar features (Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, etc.) as the Hampton Inn and Suites.
Pros: The hotel is located on a main route, yet is off of a side road giving it a more quiet external environment. As other reviewers have noted, easy walking distance to a major shopping area and grocery store. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price was good. Rates go up on the weekends. Hotel was very quiet even though there were several youth baseball teams staying there for a local tournament. As we were at the half way point in our trip, the staff helped us find a laundry mat in the area.
Cons: After staying in so many hotels, I grew picky about bathrooms and counter space. I found the bathroom to be dinky. Not a huge complaint, but I need space to spread out.
Not really a con, but a comment. The hotel has a shuttle that they will only allow to be used for the hospital and airport. I heard several guests ask about shuttle service to Monticello. If you do not have a car, you will have to take a taxi up to Monticello. If you do so, arrange for taxi service to take you down as cell phone reception is limited on the mountain. We took a couple who were stranded back to their hotel near the U of VA. I saw the shuttle sitting there most of the time, so from a customer service perspective, the hotel may want to include Monticello as a shuttle destination (for a small fee).
Overall, we had a very good stay and enjoyed our visit to Charlottesville, VA............

• Stayed: July 2010