“Great stay for 1 year anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Charlottesville

Hampton Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Virginia
“Great stay for 1 year anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wive and I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn for our 1 year anniversary.

The hotel staff caught on without me directly saying that it was our anniversary and had sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries ready for us when we arrived.

The room we had was a king bed non smoking room that was amazing. Our room was great as we were able to pull the shades and make it dark so that we could sleep in on Sunday morning.

The staff also set us up for a late check out with out asking us, and my wife just thought that was awesome.

The hotel is right outside of downtown and next to the mall which we liked.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

We were in town for a tour of the University of Virginia, and the location was perfect for our purpose. It gave us the opportunity to see the surrounding area and still be near our destination.

We had reserved a room with 2 queen-sized beds for one night. When we arrived, the room was a few degrees too cold, but we adjusted that. Although the room was smaller than what I am used to with other hotels, the beds were amazing! They were far more comfortable than even my own bed at home, and I had to be pulled out of bed the next morning. We enjoyed the free breakfast, which included cheese omelets, ham, biscuits, muffins and bagels, and assorted breakfast pastries. The apple juice was excellent, and my other family members liked the orange juice.

Overall: The rooms were small but made up for with cleanliness and excellent beds. The breakfast was better than most, and had a decent spread.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed here over the Independence Day weekend. Virginia has these weird U-turns on the highway, so it may be a challenge to get into the hotel from Rt 29 south.

Check in was quick and friendly; we arrived about 1 1/2 hours before check in and our room was ready. We had a king room with a small sofa. The room was spotlessly clean, and didn't have that "hotel" smell! The bathroom was clean and had great lighting.

The small fridge in the room is a plus.

If I have any complaints, it's that there are no "drawers" in the room in which to put your clothes. Only one small drawer in the TV stand, and the tiny drawers in the nightstands. The closet is also rather odd, configured like an armoir.

The breakfast was decent, but the breakfast area is small and you have to be a quite agile to get between the tables!

The hotel was quiet, in spite of the fact that there was a college baseball team staying there (lots of young men, parents, etc).

And....you could see the fireworks from our room window!

Oh, and the pool IS NOT heated! Brrr, even in July with the sun shining!

The Seminole Square Shopping Center is within walking distance, and there are a couple restaurants within walking distance as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
LOUISVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We spent one night at this hotel on our way home from a long trip - mainly to see Monticello. The hotel is convenient to the interstate - but off on a side street. There is a great antique place in the shopping center nearby. Check in was very fast and the staff was the friendliest of all that we met during our vacation. On arrival we were offered fresh cookies - which is important if you have kids. Breakfast could have had a little more variety, but for this type hotel it was OK. The room was comfortable with good beds and the bathroom was roomy. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

My family and I stayed here 2 nights, it was very comfortable, the beds are great we all had a good nights sleep. The staff were great friendly and knowledgeable about the area and shop opening times etc. It had a good brekfast selection and free tea/coffee and chocolate at any time.The negatives about this hotel are small but worth mentioning. The hotel is old (but very clean) so is looking a bit tired, the rooms are not that big, there is 3 in our party and we had a lot of bags so not a lot of space in the room after the bags are in. The bathroom is small and has a coffee maker in it which limits the space you have there to. Saying all this I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Athens, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

For my parents' 60th Wedding Anniversary my siblings and I wanted to do something special for them. We took them to Monticello and Washington D.C.. For the "leg" at Monticello, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, Charlottesville. When booking the room MYRA was fantastic, patient and interested in seeing that I got what my family needed.
When we arrived, Myra remembered me by name and the reason why we were coming. The staff also purchased a flower arrangement for my parents. My family's room ajoined by parents' room, with a doorway between the two rooms. A nice touch! The rooms were typical Hampton, comfortable and adequate to our needs. The "free" breakfast was warm and filling. When you have a teenage boy and a growing adolescent boy, this is especially helpful. The location is near many fine family restaurants and close to many historic sights. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Only two drawbacks: no on=sight workout facility (though Gold's Gym is very close, and it had an outdoor pool.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
wililamsburg, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

I was recently at the Hampton Inn in Charlottesville. I got hungry about 11pm, and went down to the front to see if there was some fruit. The gentleman at the front desk asked if he could help me. I explained that I was hungry but too tired to the leave the hotel. "No problem!" he said, "Let's get you something to eat."

He proceeded to open up the breakfast closet and get me some cereal, breakfast bar, banana, apple, and insisted on my taking a bottle of water. It was such a wonderful treat to find such kind, personal treatment at a "chain" hotel. I got much better treatment at the Hampton Inn that I got at a Bed & Breakfast I stayed in later in the weekend.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple