We checked in for one night as two Elite guests and what we received in return was the worse service in memory, from any hotel we've stayed in. At the time we walked in, around 5 pm, the front desk female attendant was having dinner or snack on a table close by by herself, stood up, did not say one word, perhaps because her mouth was still full, did not even look at us in the eyes, walked around behind the counter to take custody of our credit card, still not saying one word, checked us in, declined to offer an upgrade room, and quickly returned to her meals. All happened very quickly and methodically!
A few minutes later, we asked the same and only attendant to help with some internet connection issues, to which she answered quite rudely that she doesn't know! We then asked for an access code for complimentary access (to all Elite guests), to which she answered she doesn't have it! The whole time, everything was happening with almost no eyes contact and very little verbal communication! As a result, and face with such an unwelcoming, if not hostile attitude, we walked back to our room - frustrated and dumbfound! Too bad that Marriott ends up with some employees who hate their jobs, or worse, who hate their hotel guests, and too bad for us, who had to put up with such an unwelcoming and unpleasant reception!
Staff issue aside, the room is relatively clean and quiet (quiet, since we ended up getting used to the noisy in-room A/C unit that is typical of a Fairfield Inn room). The location is also great, a few minutes away from UVA campus, with easy access in and out, and plenty of parking spaces. Breakfast is also just fine. Too bad that, for us, maybe just one bad apple was enough to kind of ruin our brief visit to Charlottesville! We will not stay again at this Fairfield Inn, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charlottesville hotel is located near the nationally acclaimed University of Virginia Cavaliers in the heart of beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia. We offer free breakfast, free WiFi, fitness center, and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Charlottesville North Hotel Charlottesville
- Fairfield Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Fairfield Inn