“Average stay gone bad” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Gloucester, Virginia
“Average stay gone bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I come once a year for fall leaves, apple picking and de-stressing. We stayed 2 nights. The hotel itself is pleasant, even if the beds are a little uncomfortable. The breakfast is average, but the young men who oversee the breakfast area were very pleasant, cheerful and helpful and would do anything to make the customers happy.
Now to the deal breaker. My husband and I were too much in a hurry to leave. The closet being faced into the bathroom area, we didn't notice our sweaters and jackets still hanging there as we walked out (all were hung wet the day before). The next morning it hit us, and both my husband and I called at different times, both Monday and Tuesday. I received a call Wednesday, saying they had searched since Sunday (really? we didn't discover they were missing until Monday), had questioned housekeeping, and the sweaters/jackets weren't there. Perhaps we had packed them in another bag? Sigh......
Bottom line, We were careless for leaving the items behind. But 4 items left hanging in a closet is an obvious goof to anybody and they should have been turned in. If I can't trust them to do that much, how am I going to trust them to leave our things alone while we're staying there? We won't be back.
I'm rating the service with 2 bubbles, would have been none due to the missing clothing, but the guys at breakfast really were great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy D
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Kathy D,

Thanks for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. While I'm glad you found us so clean, I do apologize that we weren't able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction and our team will further investigate to see what else we can do. I would be happy to discuss your visit more in-depth if you reach out to me at the number below. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say this hotel was not the best I have stayed in. The bed was saggy and uncomfortable. The elevator was dirty with litter on the floor. It was quite evident it had not been vacuumed for a while. A friend of mine used to say " you take care if the corners and the middle will take care of itself." Someone needs to take care of the corners. The staff was very nice and friendly. For a Fairfield, I was very disappointed. This place had been rode hard and put away wet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear visamastermichigan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we sincerely apologize that your visit fell short of your expectations. Providing a clean stay is indeed a large priority and our team will discuss your feedback in order to improve for the future. Otherwise, we are glad to read you found our staff very friendly and helpful and hope you will keep us in mind the next time you're in Charlottesville so we can show off our improvements. If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below; thanks again for your feedback.

Clinton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here two nights, and were very pleased with the location and quality of the rooms and property. The breaksast was also very good, with hot sausage and eggs available.

My only complaint was the $50 fee for our small dog...that seems a little excessive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean M
Dear Sean M,

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and are happy to read you had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We're indeed pet friendly and will discuss your feedback as we aim to improve in the future (and apologize for any inconvenience). Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Fairfield was fine, not exceptional. It has all the basics that you'd expect, and was clean. The location in the Food Lion parking lot was nothing to speak of. I had made reservations several months in advance for one night. A month before my stay, my plans changed such that I'd be there two nights. I tried to change the reservations online almost daily and the results came back either with no rooms available, or with none at my rate. I asked upon check-in, but while rooms were available, they would not sell one to me at the rate I had. I ended up staying with a friend the second night, as the rate was just too high for what the hotel was. I am surprised that Marriott would prefer to have a room unsold.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear DelRayKate1,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to read you found us clean and that we provided a good array of amenities, but do apologize for the lack of availability for a second night and will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below if you would like to discuss your visit further. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

Mexico, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

In the area for business, made a reservation and got a great AAA discount price. Staff was very friendly, gave me the room I needed on the top floor and handed me a little goodie bag too! Nice, trendy feel to the hotel, room was updated, clean, bright and very comfortable. The place was spotless, the morning free breakfast was very good, clean, and the servers were very helpful. Will definitely stay again when I visit the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Georgia2maine,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm glad that you enjoyed our refreshed look so much and found our staff so friendly and accommodating. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville! Thanks again for your comments.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great staff! Got lost, and had to call for directions late at night. He kept me on the phone till I drove in the driveway. I was very tired, and grateful (sorry I did not get your name, but I remember you). Hotel was very clean. Room was very comfortable, and spacious. Complimentary breakfast was very much appreciated the next morning. Nice stopover for a visit to Monticello the next morning. Kroger is next door if you need food, or are packing a cooler. That alone is fabulous. Enjoyed our stay very much, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear hjbear23,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm delighted to read our desk clerk was able to guide you to hotel safely, as well as that you had a clean, comfortable stay. I hope you had fun exploring Monticello and the local area! We appreciate your high ratings and recommendation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville. Thanks again for your comments!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay here. Staff was very nice and beds were comfortable. If I had to change anything it would be the breakfast. The eggs and Canadian bacon were dry and had no flavor. The milk tasted old but perhaps it was the fridge. The temperature wasn't cold enough. Expiration was still good though. Waffles were amazing! Couldn't get enough of those.
It rained all night long and for some weird reason the sound against the wall or roof was extremely irritating. I understand that's hard to control but just thought it was strange that it was so loud.
Other than that, nice place to stay for a night or two. Don't think we'll be coming back though. We prefer an indoor
pool, better breakfast and a bigger room.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Vacaytime7,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed it overall. I'm very pleased to hear you found our staff so friendly and had a comfortable sleep, but do apologize that a couple aspects of our breakfast fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback - we love the waffles too! Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.