Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
  • Pool
Super 8 Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
Econo Lodge North(Charlottesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfood lionwood grill buffetroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areafront desk stafffree breakfastnice hotelthe hotel is conveniently locatedbreakfast staffmake your own wafflescoffee makeroutdoor poola great staystayed one nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say this hotel was not the best I have stayed in. The bed was saggy and uncomfortable. The elevator was dirty with litter on the floor. It was quite evident it had not been vacuumed for a while. A friend of mine used to say " you take care if the corners and the middle will take care of itself." Someone needs to take care of the corners. The staff was very nice and friendly. For a Fairfield, I was very disappointed. This place had been rode hard and put away wet.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank visamastermichigan
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear visamastermichigan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we sincerely apologize that your visit fell short of your expectations. Providing a clean stay is indeed a large priority and our team will discuss your feedback in order to improve for the future. Otherwise, we are glad to read you found our staff very friendly and helpful and hope you will keep us in mind the next time you're in Charlottesville so we can show off our improvements. If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below; thanks again for your feedback.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here two nights, and were very pleased with the location and quality of the rooms and property. The breaksast was also very good, with hot sausage and eggs available.

My only complaint was the $50 fee for our small dog...that seems a little excessive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean M

Dear Sean M,

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and are happy to read you had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We're indeed pet friendly and will discuss your feedback as we aim to improve in the future (and apologize for any inconvenience). Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Fairfield was fine, not exceptional. It has all the basics that you'd expect, and was clean. The location in the Food Lion parking lot was nothing to speak of. I had made reservations several months in advance for one night. A month before my stay, my plans changed such that I'd be there two nights. I tried to change the reservations online almost daily and the results came back either with no rooms available, or with none at my rate. I asked upon check-in, but while rooms were available, they would not sell one to me at the rate I had. I ended up staying with a friend the second night, as the rate was just too high for what the hotel was. I am surprised that Marriott would prefer to have a room unsold.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear DelRayKate1,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to read you found us clean and that we provided a good array of amenities, but do apologize for the lack of availability for a second night and will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below if you would like to discuss your visit further. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed September 17, 2013

In the area for business, made a reservation and got a great AAA discount price. Staff was very friendly, gave me the room I needed on the top floor and handed me a little goodie bag too! Nice, trendy feel to the hotel, room was updated, clean, bright and very comfortable. The place was spotless, the morning free breakfast was very good, clean, and the servers were very helpful. Will definitely stay again when I visit the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Georgia2maine,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm glad that you enjoyed our refreshed look so much and found our staff so friendly and accommodating. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great staff! Got lost, and had to call for directions late at night. He kept me on the phone till I drove in the driveway. I was very tired, and grateful (sorry I did not get your name, but I remember you). Hotel was very clean. Room was very comfortable, and spacious. Complimentary breakfast was very much appreciated the next morning. Nice stopover for a visit to Monticello the next morning. Kroger is next door if you need food, or are packing a cooler. That alone is fabulous. Enjoyed our stay very much, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear hjbear23,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm delighted to read our desk clerk was able to guide you to hotel safely, as well as that you had a clean, comfortable stay. I hope you had fun exploring Monticello and the local area! We appreciate your high ratings and recommendation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville. Thanks again for your comments!