“You get what you pay for - basic, but good.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“You get what you pay for - basic, but good.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It's not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination, but it does the basics well. It's clean and neat, furniture is in good condition and new(ish). Pool at the back is small, the pool area even smaller, but both good condition and very useful in summer! very backs gym, but it does

The Inn in the end of parking lot next to Food Lion, so not exactly pretty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the one side of the right wing face route 29N - fairly major road, gets somewhat noisy. Av...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear 100NowWhereTo,

Thank you for your review and feedback of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to read that you found us to be very clean and rated the quality of your sleep so highly. We're also happy you could take advantage of our outdoor pool while you were here. Thanks again and we hope to see you for another stay when you're in the area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. We asked for and received an early check-in which was helpful. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, the breakfast is okay - nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either. The price was right - we just needed a decent place to spend the night and that's exactly what we got. I would do it again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Budrox,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites; I hope that you enjoyed the wedding. We're happy to read that our staff was friendly and able to accommodate your needs, as well as that you felt you received good value for your money. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would not stay here again. I am a Marriott Gold level rewards member and I usually choose Marriott. Of all the Marriott properties I have stayed across the brand, this was one of the worst experiences. I realize Fairfield is the bottom of the Marriott brand, but I paid $154 with taxes for this room. For that, I got an thin mattress, thin pillows, thin and small bath towels. I have stayed in much better Fairfield properties, paying less and getting better quality.

Breakfast included frozen butter and frozen cream cheese, bland eggs that looked like eggs but did not taste like anything, a toaster that took way too long to make a piece of toast and orange flavored water instead of orange juice.

This should have been a $60 hotel room at the most. Significantly overpriced for the quality of what you got.

On the plus side, the staff was friendly and the hot water was plentiful and the water pressure very good in the shower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MichelleEscapes
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear MichelleEscapes,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel; we very much appreciate all of our Rewards members and their feedback. I'd like to apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations - providing a comfortable stay is of course one of our biggest priorities and our team will discuss your review immediately in order to offer the best accommodations we can. If you would like to speak about any of this further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, I am happy to read that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed our guest bathroom. Thank you again for your review, and we hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I like Dogs but believe they should stay at home or in a Kennel not in a hotel unless a seeing eye dog or to help a person who is handicap. This hotel allows pets and these guest who have pets should all be assigned to 1 floor. If the dogs set off another dog on the floor and they start barking then tough, your dog, you love pets and sleep with the noise. I saw dogs on floors 1 and 2 just way to many for me. It was 4 of us and they gave us a room with 1 Queen Bed, then fixed the error and gave us a handicapped room which I didn't want.

Only thing that keeps me from giving this a 1 star is the free breakfast for the kids but I won't ever stay here again, the dogs and the room we got turned me off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VirginiaTravelingman
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear VirginiaTravelingman,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your feedback. We are indeed a pet-friendly property and I'm sorry that this policy affected your stay - we work diligently with our staff to ensure our guests and their pets are respectful of others while still enjoying their stay, and we apologize for the issues caused. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Again, we will discuss your feedback, and I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity on your next visit to the area.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Check in went very smoothly and the girl at the desk was very friendly. The room was nice but our particular room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. I was really impressed with the free breakfast. The seating was some of the best I have seen, very roomy. The breakfast was always stocked with plenty of food. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear darmar61,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that you had an efficient check-in experience and found our staff friendly! On your next visit, be sure to try out one of our spacious suites, which all contain refrigerators and microwaves. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and seating area so much. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are Marriott Rewards members and typically stay in Fairfield Inns or Springhill Suites when traveling. Our recent trip to Monticello included a 1-night stay here, and it was one of the worth experiences we've encountered. The front-desk lady was extremely rude and unwelcoming, the room was dirty with food all over the carpet, and you could hear through the walls like the people were in the same room. I did bring some of these issues to management's attention the next morning, and they were truly wanting to know what they could do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mizzougalfromtx,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. I'm so sorry your experience did not meet your expectations and that our clerk was rude - this is indeed unacceptable and we have handled it moving forward. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize and hope that you will consider giving us another chance to show why so many of our guests enjoying staying with us on your next trip to Charlottesville.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean. It is in the middle of shops and restaurants in Charlottesville, some even in walking distance. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Our trip was an adventure of the Nelson 151 to the vineyards and brewerys. The drive was about 20-25 minutes which wasn't bad at all. We would definitely go back to this area and stay in this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear bolt17,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our property and that you could take advantage of our great location. I also hope you enjoyed checking out all the local vineyards. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!