Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$124
$114
$205
$189
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$143
$125
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$174
$162
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$325
$294
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$129
$113
Travelocity
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlottesville - UVA Medical(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$119
La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$130
Homewood
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
$194
Official Site
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$143
$134
Priceline
All reviewsfood lionwood grill buffetroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areafront desk stafffree breakfastnice hotelthe hotel is conveniently locatedbreakfast staffmake your own wafflescoffee makeroutdoor poola great staystayed one nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I found this place after scanning the list of hotels in Charlottesville, VA (last minute trip to UVA. All of the popular hotels were sold out. The Marriott agent found this property as an alternative.

Good news: clean hotel, nice color scheme, comfortable beds, friendly front desk, ok free breakfast, a lot of parking. Can't go wrong here.

Less good news: One single elevator for three floors. The hotel was filled so needless to say there were long lines to get on. To add insult to injury, the cleaning staff and bell hops used the same elevator. Guests weren't given the right away, to boot. Why this hotel doesn't have a service elevator is inexcusable. The chaos encountered at the elevator should make one think twice about staying here. A shame because the hotel scored points in those other areas mentioned.

Note to hotel management: educate your hotel staff on "hotel guests always have the right away, but more importantly, they shouldn't be using the guest elevator, particularly during busy breakfast hours.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dunkin123
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Dunkin123,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites - I'm pleased to hear that you found us clean and comfortable and enjoyed that part of your stay. However, I would like to apologize for the issues surrounding the elevator and we sincerely appreciate your feedback and will discuss it so that we can avoid such inconvenience during busy times in the future. If you'd like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another shot the next time you're in Charlottesville.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Room was clean, nice King size room with full pull out couch. Although I asked at the desk if everything was there to use the pullout couch to sleep, there were no sheets or pillow cases in the room. The front desk clerk brought them up promptly when asked, and offered to make up the bed for us. We didn't need that. When the pull out couch is made into a bed, it is impossible to get past the couch to use the bathroom. Our grandson put the mattress on the floor so that we could pass. The two TVs were very nice. Room temperature was easy to controll. I called maintenance before we left this morning, and reported the coffee maker did not work, and the toilet flushed continuously.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manmap
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear manmap,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that your experience with our pull-out couch had some hitches and we appreciate your feedback for the future. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our other amenities and hope that you will visit us again the next time you're in town. Thanks again for the review,

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting UVA. The hotel was about whs you would expecect. I felt the rooms were a little on the small side, however the lobby and breakfast area were very nice and were obviously newly renovated.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear 50toes,

Thanks for your review and I hope you enjoyed visiting the University while you were in town. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our renovations and appreciate your other feedback as well. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Charlottesville!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, in a room for handicapped, because of my husband. He had an issue with the door automatically closing, as he has a walker and cannot move fast, so it always hit him. Also there was a curb, not a flat surface in the parking lot closest to the room. The fitness center had equipment that had no operating instructions, i could not use the treadmill, as i could not figure out how to use it for walking. I have used equipment in foreign countries, without English, and could figure it out. The desk was supposed to look up the instructions and let me know how to use the treadmill for walking, but I never heard from them. The rooms are pretty standard, the breakfast was OK, with a lot of choices. The location was good, there were quite a few restaurants nearby to chose from. It was quiet, except for Saturday night, but management made the noisy individuals go back to there rooms.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor, which is good, as there is only one elevator. We faced the side parking lot, where the only time cars were parked there, was on the weekend when it was busier.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear DianeC91,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites and for your feedback - I'm so sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and we will discuss your review in order to provide a better experience for our guests in accessible rooms. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. I am happy that you enjoyed many other parts of your stay, though, and hope you will consider giving us another chance when you're in Charlottesville again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Charlottesville and after a not so pleasant experience at a different hotel, we decided it was worth it to spend a little more money and try a different hotel.

I have to admit that this was worth the extra money. The moment you step in the hotel it feels fresh and clean and the staff is friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

My only complaint came the first morning when we came back to our room after having breakfast at a IHOP nearby. The housekeeper was still in our room which I didn't mind until I saw that she was going through all of our snacks that we brought (we were staying for a week) and she was snooping through the food we brought in the refrigerator. She didnt know we were watching her at first since she had her headphones in and couldn't hear us come in the room. When she finally looked up and saw us, you could see the clear embarrassment on her face and quickly just put some towels in the bathroom, without actually cleaning the bathroom and left. After that, we only let her in the room twice, in which she only made up one of the two beds, and never cleaned the tub. We ended up cleaning it ourselves. The other complaint I have is with the noisy shower head that seems to squeal on some mornings and the tub that is peeling in some places and clearly needs to be replaced.

I would stay here again if we had to come back because the room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and it is convenient to the Applebees and the Food Lion and close to the hospital. However, I think some training could be used for the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Weddingdiva27

Dear Weddingdiva27,

We appreciate you trying us out during your stay in Charlottesville. We've recently completed renovations and are proud to show off our new look so I'm glad you enjoyed it! However, I would like to apologize for your experience with our housekeeper - it is our duty to make sure our guests feel absolutely safe and secure so I will pass your feedback on in order to make sure we provide the best service we can. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below. Thanks for your review and we do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town.