Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$114
Doubletree.com
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
$219
$169
  • Pool
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$128
$125
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$116
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$144
Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$112
$102
SleepInn
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
$165
Travelocity
All reviewsfood lionwood grill buffetroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areafront desk stafffree breakfastnice hotelthe hotel is conveniently locatedbreakfast staffmake your own wafflescoffee makeroutdoor poola great staystayed one nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulking suite
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Charlottesville and after a not so pleasant experience at a different hotel, we decided it was worth it to spend a little more money and try a different hotel.

I have to admit that this was worth the extra money. The moment you step in the hotel it feels fresh and clean and the staff is friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

My only complaint came the first morning when we came back to our room after having breakfast at a IHOP nearby. The housekeeper was still in our room which I didn't mind until I saw that she was going through all of our snacks that we brought (we were staying for a week) and she was snooping through the food we brought in the refrigerator. She didnt know we were watching her at first since she had her headphones in and couldn't hear us come in the room. When she finally looked up and saw us, you could see the clear embarrassment on her face and quickly just put some towels in the bathroom, without actually cleaning the bathroom and left. After that, we only let her in the room twice, in which she only made up one of the two beds, and never cleaned the tub. We ended up cleaning it ourselves. The other complaint I have is with the noisy shower head that seems to squeal on some mornings and the tub that is peeling in some places and clearly needs to be replaced.

I would stay here again if we had to come back because the room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and it is convenient to the Applebees and the Food Lion and close to the hospital. However, I think some training could be used for the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Weddingdiva27
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Weddingdiva27,

We appreciate you trying us out during your stay in Charlottesville. We've recently completed renovations and are proud to show off our new look so I'm glad you enjoyed it! However, I would like to apologize for your experience with our housekeeper - it is our duty to make sure our guests feel absolutely safe and secure so I will pass your feedback on in order to make sure we provide the best service we can. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below. Thanks for your review and we do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here on a fall weekend getaway in Charlottesville. This is a comfortable hotel with an updated lobby at reasonable prices:

Pros:
Nightly Rate was less than $100
Comfortable Rooms
Updated Lobby
Near lots of development
Typical Fairfield Inn experience

Cons:
Removed from downtown C'Ville

Overall, a clean hotel at an afforable price. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCTraveler2786
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear DCTraveler2786,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel - I hope you enjoyed your weekend getaway! I'm happy to hear that you had so many pros during your stay and enjoyed our new updates after recent renovations. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times, recently last week. I must say I think it is a little overpriced but with the other choices available I chose Fairfield Inn. The location is good with a Food Lion next door to purchase snacks. It is hard to find and I don't like the idea they permit pets. In fact the room next door had a German Sheppard in it and when the owner brought it out into the hall it barked loudly and I thought it would be a problem regarding sleeping etc. but it wasn't. But the thought of fleas etc bothers me. Staff were great and I didn't eat the free breakfast but I had on previous stays and it was adequate. The hotel also jumps its prices considerably if there are any special events going on at UVA or in Charlottesville so book early if you can.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not used by pets if they are available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rebel56
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear rebel56,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed us enough in your past experiences to stay with us again. Also, thanks for the feedback - I will pass it on to our General Manager as we strive to provide a great stay for all of our guests. Thanks again & we hope to see you on your next visit to Charlottesville!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after seeing a concert at John Paul Jones Arena. We wanted to be able to leave the concert, which would end late, and easily get to our hotel and get to sleep. The location was great. It was only about a 10 min. drive with easy access to major roads.

The hotel was clean overall. The front desk staff was helpful, even checking in near midnight. There aren't any great options for late night snacks. They did have a small store/vending area, but it wasn't stocked very well with food. It could have been raided already from the other concert goers.

We stayed in a handicap room, which was the only thing available. Not a problem. The room was clean and there was plenty of space to put your belongings. The few "issues" we found with the room were minor. There was a strong air freshener scent in the room, which seemed to come from the air conditioning. It was slightly overwhelming, but not a deal breaker. The other "issue" was hair in the bathroom. I am sure the room was clean, but finding hairs on the shower floor and on a towel were less than appealing.

Overall, we had a great stay. We skipped breakfast at the hotel and went to Bodo's Bagels instead. It is right down the street and is worth checking out this apparent local favorite.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CreativeOfficer
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Charlottesville, VA last week for a night, and used a free night's stay from Marriott. I have stayed at this hotel before, and also commented on it on TripAdvisor, and gave it a top ranking. This stay was different, however, due to the front desk staff.

I checked in somewhat late after midnight, and the entry doors are locked in the vestibule requiring you to push a bell to gain access late at night. I rang the bell four times before I was let in the building, and when I proceeded to the front desk, it was obvious the person had been sleeping. No apology, and not very friendly service.

When I checked out, I didn't get a warm feeling either. I asked for a receipt at checkout, and no "Happy to help you!" Also, no "thanks for staying", or "come again", or "thanks for your business!".

The hotel itself is a great place to stay, and is affordable, still in proximity to the city, and close enough to UVA, etc. The hotel has been updated, and restaurant choices are abundant, and the hotel is clean. I rated this stay "average" because I know everyone has an off day at times, but hope the next time I stay the service is a bit more friendly and appreciative.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple