I stayed one night here in September 2009, and I wished I could have stayed longer. From the check-in to the check-out, I saw nothing but top-notch service. For my future trips to Charlottesville, I will be striving to stay at this Residence Inn.
The hotel is somewhat tucked away on a less-traveled road so get good directions or have a good GPS unit to guide you. That's good on one level though, as it's a quiet location with limited traffic on the road in front. Across the street is the back of a large shopping area with several restaurants, a grocery store, and various other stores including a great backpacking/hiking store. Having the grocery store within walking distance is fantastic.
Check-in was smooth, and this was one of the first times that I left sincerely recognized as a Rewards member (I'm a Gold at this point). There was a manager's reception that night which saved me from having to buy dinner, and the breakfast in the morning was great -- far better than most other free breakfasts out there. Check-out went just as well as getting in.
The room itself was a two-room suite. Though on the ground level, it was quiet, and it met the standards of previous Residence Inns at which I've stayed, which is to say that it was great. I'm a big fan of this chain, and I've never been disappointed in staying at one. The bed was very comfortable, and the rest of the furniture was in good shape and comfortable as well. Internet access was fast and easy to use (no constant pop-ups or endless sign-in screens). I didn't use the TV, but I did notice that it was an old-style CRT, not a newer LCD or plasma. Get with the program, Marriott! With smaller flat panel TVs around $500, there's little reason that these nice hotels need to be saddled with old, power-hungry TVs.
All in all, I was very pleased with the Residence Inn, and I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Charleston is just minutes from downtown Charleston, Yeager Airport CRW, Charleston Civic Center, Clay Center for the Arts and Charleston Town Center Mall. Our hotel lets you relax and stretch out with separate sleeping, living and dining areas. Enjoy full kitchens, pullout sofa beds, and work desks with high-speed Internet access in all suites. Additionally, our Charleston extended stay hotel delivers Marriott service and offers complimentary breakfast daily and social hours on weeknights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Charlottesville Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Residence Inn