“No Frills, Fresh Local Food”
Review of Revolutionary Soup

Revolutionary Soup
Ranked #70 of 553 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“No Frills, Fresh Local Food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went to this restaurant after a football game on a recent Saturday afternoon. While we chose Revolutionary Soup because we heard it was good, we mostly ended up here because there was no line and we were hungry. This place seems like a typical college town casual eatery. It has few decorations on the wall, a small dining area and you order directly at the counter. However, the menu of salads, soups, and sandwiches all looked delicious. They have a map on the wall with the local Virginia farms from which they purchase their ingredients. There is also a list of what is fresh that day from the various farms.

I was a little worried when we only saw one girl behind the counter taking orders and some unknown number of people on the kitchen staff. But, our orders were taken in a timely manner the food came out very quickly. I wanted to eat light after doing a lot of tailgating, so I got soup and a small salad. The soup was crab and corn chowder and it was fantastic. The salad was spinach with sliced almonds and raspberries and was very good. I was a little disappointed in the limited choices of salad dressing.

Overall, this is a really nice place to grab a light meal or a quick lunch. If the popular places around the corner are too crowded for you, make your way to Revolutionary Soup for a nice meal.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent sandwiches, wish I had tried the soup!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ate lunch here for the first time recently. I had the Adam's Apple sandwich with turkey, goat cheese, sliced apples, bacon, arugula, garlic aioli and apple butter. It sounds like an odd combination, but these flavors worked so well together- it was delicious! I'm usually not much of a sandwich person, but needed a quick, light lunch. I could hardly decide what to order, everything on the menu sounded fantastic! The service was prompt and they have a nice selection of wine, beer and a few good hard ciders. I tried to visit again another day so I could try the soup, unfortunately I did not know they were closed on Sundays. Oh well- this can be my excuse to get back to Charlottesville!

• Visited October 2013
United States
“Consistently delicious”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

love Rev Soup and love that they locally source as much as possible. The food is reliably good, their soups fantastic -- though wish they'd put onion soup on the menu more than once every blue moon! Great lunch locale (though shame the location precludes outdoor seating)

• Visited August 2013
VA
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This casual eatery is good for vegetarians and non veg alike. All food is mindful and locally sourced, my sandwich and crab soup were excellent. Counter service is casual, but quick. In town location. Mu husband had a steak sandwich which he liked. I highly recommend for less expensive, casual food.

Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Perfect soups and salads”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Love the freshness and variety of soups and salads. This is a favorite lunch spot with a very good vibe.

Visited September 2013