“Good soup!”

Revolutionary Soup
Ranked #35 of 584 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Interesting inexpensive soup and bread. Basement space, but OK if not too crowded.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Soup soup soup. All the soup you could ever want. I love all the soups. Fresh local ingredients and yummy flavors.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We had gone to this restaurant when we picked up our daughter from UVA in Chalottesville. She had recommended this as a great place for soup and she was right!

My wife ordered the Senegalese Tofu Soup and I ordered the Thai chicken wrap and a small cup of the vegetarian chili. The chili was extremely flavorful, but boy, was it spicy! I almost fell off my chair after the first taste and had to wait for the soup to cool down before trying again. The service was reasonably quick and they put put out farm-picked apples you can take if you order the soup. The service is a little slow but with the "free" apple in your hands, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

The bread that came with the soup was a little crusty and dry but since I was dipping it in a wet soup, that too didn't seem to matter. The prices were reasonable for us, coming from the Washington DC area. All in all, a definite thumbs up but watch out for the spicy chili!

The ambience is great for a small place in a college town.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went to Revolutionary Soup with a group of friends, and the members of our group had widely varying experiences. I had a turkey sandwich of some kind, which was delicious and satisfying, and which I would definitely get again - high quality ingredients and bread toasted just right. Others who ordered sandwiches were pleased.
One of our group got a salad with a cheese she had never heard of before... her first words were that it tasted like pastel paints, which was oddly true. So while it's a great place to try new things, if you are inexperienced with the more "sophisticated" cheeses, watch out!
Another member of the group got a salad that was tasty, but the dressing was strongly flavored such that she got tired of it after a bit.
Overall, I think we would have all gone back, even if some wouldn't have ordered what they got again. Definitely has a great menu if you're feeling experimental!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and kids are always on the lookout for healthy, good food. We were visiting cVille and walking the downtown mall when we found Revolutionary Soup. It was a little crowded, but we were able to get a table with our two kids.

The food was fantastic, good sandwiches and of course soup. I highly recommend a visit if in cVille.