“Excellent breakfast spot”

Ranked #31 of 638 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Hidden gem for breakfast. Discovered several years ago when I had to have my car repaired at a nearby garage. Walked to Beer Run and ordered breakfast...it is now my favorite place to go for breakfast. Sadly, the kitchen is small and they only serve breakfast during the week. Wish I could go on weekends. Great home fries!

Date of visit: August 2018
beerrunva, Manager at Beer Run, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

Happy to hear you enjoy our breakfast menu! We do serve breakfast tacos on Saturday morning, and Sunday brunch. You should come out some weekend and see what those menus have to offer! :) We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Been to beer run a handful of times over the past few years...always satisfied. Today however was exceptionally great! Thanks for the perfectly cooked juicy local beef burger! I don’t indulge myself often but when I do I hate to be disappointed...sure wasn’t the case here! TERRIFIC BURGER Beer Run! Thanks!

Date of visit: September 2018

So glad you enjoyed the Big Local Burger! It's been quite a hit! :]

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Just had dinner with some friends at this restaurant that boasts having 900+ beers. Yes, there are loads of beers, some wine and the food, when it came, was good but the service was erratic. Our waiter was all over the place, we were getting our drinks at different times and he forgot the food for one member in our party. Very disorganized service. If you go, don't expect too much and don't be disappointed if you don't all get your drinks or food at the same time.

Date of visit: August 2018
beerrunva, Owner at Beer Run, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that service was not up to par, and we will chat with the server on how to improve his service. We are happy to hear the food was well received, and I we hope to see you in again soon.

john

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Have had the pleasure of dining at Beer Run several times, always enjoyable! Was able to visit on a Sunday and their brunch menu was amazing! The Salmon was expertly prepared and the Bloody Mary’s are award winning, I have them customize mine to suit my taste and it was perfect! The staff is always friendly and helpful, even at their busiest times......looking forward to visiting again soon!

Date of visit: July 2018
beerrunva, Manager at Beer Run, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thanks Rhoda for your kind words! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your brunch with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

-Shelbi

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Had my first experience visiting this neighborhood restaurant and was pleasantly pleased !! Not sure why I haven't tried this restaurant before now & passing by over & over...My wife and I were greeted by the hostess/server, Jessica. She was very friendly and after being seated she was very well versed on all items on the menu and answered all of our questions. I decided on the Chicken Philly sandwich and my wife decided on the Roast Beef Reubenesque;both were perfectly prepared along with the house made potato salad and pasta salad. This Restaurant/Beer Store/Bar boasts of a enormous display of beer selections and wine. Seating was a small dining area inside plus an area for groups and a great patio area that accommodates a large number of guests in all types of weather. This is definitely worth visits in the future and I recommend Beer Run highly. Kudos to the entire management & staff.

Date of visit: July 2018
beerrunva, Manager at Beer Run, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hi George,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Beer Run experience. We're happy you and your wife stopped in and look forward to having you back soon. We have delicious homemade breakfast tacos on Saturday mornings and Brunch on Sunday. You may also enjoy our weekly free tastings. We host an informal beer tasting every Wednesday 6 - 8pm and a wine tasting on Friday's 6 - 8pm.

Thank you again. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Jessica and the staff.

~ Vanessa