The Inn at Court Square
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Pool
200 South Street Inn(Charlottesville)
Graduate Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
  • Restaurant
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
View Hotel
Excel Inn & Suites(Charlottesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsquicheb bwithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciousshort walkgreat showermodern amenitieslocation is greatwould definitely stay here againcookiesopiemallsuitemonticellofireplacehousekeepervirginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here with friends in May and could not have been more pleased. From the welcoming glass of wine to the delicious breakfast the next day everything was just perfect. The bed was very comfortable and the linens a nice quality. The Inn is one of the oldest buildings in Charlottesville, and the owner is an antiques dealer who has a great eye for decor. Many of the furnishings are for sale, which is a quirky and intriguing idea. Our friends from abroad loved looking at the tags on various items! Everyone in our party of five couples thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked the day of which I think threw them off. She was very clear that she needed me to arrive at a specific time as she needed to make an appointment, which made sense to me. I made sure to arrive by the agreed upon time but was not met by a warm welcome. Quite the opposite, I was taken to my room on the main level, the door came out onto the kitchen and back entrance. Not ideal, my window faced the parking lot. I asked to be moved and given the low occupancy that evening I was moved to a larger room upstairs. Hostess did not offer to carry my luggage up the stairs and seemed quite annoyed by my arrival and request to be moved. An okay place but I was really put off by the lack of warmth, kindness and just basic customer service I expect from a B&B. Other staff was quite friendly and helpful but again encountered the rude and annoyed inn owner upon my check out when I requested an itemized receipt for business purposes. Because of this service by the owner, I will not revisit this inn as there are several more hospitable inns in the Charlottesville area where I can enjoy a more pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose room on main floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Chaska16
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We made reservations for the weekend as we were attending a wedding. We were greeted by smiling faces when we arrived. The complimentary glass of wine was much appreciated which we had in the drawing room next to the restaurant. We were very fortunate to speak at length with the Executive Chef, Karl Bock. He is an extremely interesting person to talk to and made several recommendations for dining which were excellent. We stayed in the Opie Norris room which was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Sandy was the manager for the time we were there and his suggestions of things to do were perfect for us. The farmer's market is huge and very diverse. Lots of food vendors with amazing choices of food. The Inn is located two blocks from the downtown walking mall, which is a street that has been converted to a pedestrian mall with great shops and restaurants and street vendors. This concept is an excellent one that other cities should copy. Breakfast each morning was well thought out with fresh food which was delicious. Also the portions were of reasonable size which was nice. We will be returning to Charlottesville and will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluelu1951
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spent two nights here and will definitely return on our next visit to the area. The Inn is beautifully decorated and the staff is wonderfully attentive. The Stonewall Jackson room is large and very comfortable. If you get a chance, eat dinner downstairs. We had a marvelous pork tenderloin with collard greens; the mixture of flavors in this dish was delightful. The Inn is located 5 minutes away from the Downtown Mall, where there are lots of shops and restaurants. Another restaurant in Charlottesville you should try is Shebeen. The walk is a bit longer -- maybe half a mile -- but the food is worth the extra effort, especially the chocolate samosas with fresh cream!

Room Tip: The Stonewall Jackson room is large and very quiet with a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Dont miss your chance to enjoy this historic and charming bed and breakfast. Elegant Decor made me feel like I was living in an episode of Downton Abbey. Innkeeper, Candance was very welcoming and staff like Sandy were super helpful and made us feel right at home. Within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops but tucked away on a side street. We stayed in the Stonewall Jackson room and were very comfortable. This room overlooked historic court square.

The food was incredible. We enjoyed quiche, and pecan bourbon bread pudding for breakfast. Also dont miss a piece of cheesecake with homemade ricotta.

Take a day trip to Thomas Jefferson's home at Monticello that was only 10 min away. We also sampled some Virginia wine at Jefferson Vineyards about a mile from Monticello. Enjoyed a tasty french dinner at Petite Pois in Charlottesville within walking distance from our bed and breakfast.

A very restful weekend getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013