“Truly Great”

Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th Street NW
Transit: The Charlottesville Trolley stops just across the street from us. We are also across the street from the Amtrak Station and a few blocks away from the Greyhound Bus station.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My Husband And I Visited DurinLovedtaurant Week And Enjoyed Every Minute And Every Bite. Oh, And Every Sip! The Beer Pairings Were Matched Perfectly.

I Had The caprese Salad, Salmon, And GingerEd Blueberry SHortCake For Dessert! Yum!!! I Seriously Wanted To Repeat My Entire Meal.

My Husband Had The Pork Belly, Rib Eye, And Marshmallow Dream Dessert.

Omg To Everything. :) Delicious. Loved The Decor. This Place Is Definitely One Of Our Top Two Favorites In Charlottesville!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited the restaurant with a large group for brunch. The interior is nicely decorated with traditional photos from the blessing of the hounds, a local, old-Virginia tradition, making it fit in nicely with Charlottesville's rich history. The made-to-order omelettes were tasty, but nothing especially interesting. The waitstaff was quite friendly and accommodating, however the entire restaurant felt like a light-night bar turned to day-time eatery. The tables were sticky with what felt like last night's beer-of-choice.

The outside patio offers a nice option for sunny days. If you are staying nearby, this is certainly an acceptable brunch option, but probably not one you will hear the locals raving about.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on Sunday afternoon for a snack and drinks. Had an enjoyable couple hours talking with the bartender, Chris. He was personable and knowledgeable about the area, wine and beer. Didn't want to leave but since they were closing to prepare for Charlottesville restaurant week, we couldn't stay forever. Highly recommend this restaurant because they have great food and a varied selection of beer. Hope to return to the area soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I had a group of 9 go for dinner and none were disappointed. We started off with onion rings-lightly battered mind you-and from there expanded from burgers to scallops. All main courses were plentiful and well prepared as well as visually appealing. The outdoor area was cheerful, and covered, although noisy by the street but pleasant nonetheless.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I ordered the waitress's recommendation: Bailey's & Kahlua French Toast. It was cold and It tasted like uncooked bread with very little taste. The side of bacon was good, but it was also very cold and very crispy. I also found the service to be indifferent.