“Great hotel, next door to Excellent Food!”

Omni Charlottesville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Omni is probably the best hotel in the Charlottesville area. But it's also next door to the "downtown" area. Tons of shops and restaurants. I bought a really cool Nepalese military artifact from a street vendor in the square. We also ate like kings in the square behind the hotel! Lots of good stuff everywhere.

The hotel itself was comfortable. My room was very nice, with a view over the city to the South. The beds were nice and comfortable. My only knock against the hotel was the Internet Service. It was slow and sluggish. Since I was traveling on business, this was a bummer for me. Plus, in this day and age, it's simply inexcusable to have crappy internet at a hotel that caters to business travelers.

Other than that, a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cleavetwo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Omni Charlottesville and we are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the downtown mall which is right outside our doors. We do regret that you had a less than stellar experience with our wireless internet and would like to assure you that we are always working to improve the connection provided to our guests. If your travels bring you back to Charlottesville, we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

When checking out at about 2 AM (I work at night, skeep during the day), I was unable to get a receipt for my room...I was told that the night audit was being run, and no receipt could be generated at that time, but the lady assured me "on the grave of her dead child" (her exact words) that she would email a receipt to me. Four days, two more phone requests, and one rather rude switchboard operator later, I'm still waiting on the promised room receipt.

• Stayed: June 2013

Please accept our apologies that we did not do a better job with providing you your receipt. While we are unable to print while running our nightly audit, we should have been able to get it to you by early that morning. If you still have not received the receipt, please call us directly and request to speak with our Executive Assistant Chelsea, who will be more than happy to provide the receipt in a prompt manner. Thank you for alerting us to your concerns and we hope for the opportunity to correct the situation.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I had to make a trip to Charlottesville, Va. last Friday, 6/14/13, on very short notice. Our daughter , who lives there, was about to deliver our first grandchild. All of the hotels we called were booked. Thanks to Jennifer Mayo, Director of Sales and Marketing at the Omni, we were able to get a room. Needless to say, we were very thankful. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was one of the most friendly I have ever encountered . We totally enjoyed our stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Charlottesville.

Joe P.
Tarentum, Pa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind words about Jennifer and the Omni Charlottesville. We are thrilled that we could provide you a place to stay for the birth of your grandchild and we hope you will consider us when you come back to visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Omni for 4 nights while in town house hunting. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and we loved being located on the pedestrian mall. The only downside was the pool was not heated (or the heater was broken) which meant for a cold swim with my son. Despite that issue, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sun699
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Recently stayed at the Omni. The location next to the Downtown Mall is very convenient. Our room was ready when we arrived and check-in was a breeze since we used their online, pre-arrival check-in service. Our room was comfortable and quiet, neat and clean. Definitely a higher level of quality throughout. Bathroom was small, but workable. All staff encountered throughout the day were courteous and polite, and ready to help. Had the breakfast buffet and really enjoyed the quality of choices offered. We will definitely return when we visit Charlottesville again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ri22
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The location of the Omni is fabulous for walking out the door and being right on the Charlottesville mall. The staff was very nice and helpful. I only had breakfast here but the buffet was very good and the waitstaff was professional.

My room, 6th floor, was quiet, facing out the front, and comfortable. The only problem was the ac. I love to sleep "cold" and the temp never got past the 70's even though I could set the thermostat to lower numbers. It was kind of muggy in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is in a great location at one end of the pedestrian mall downtown Charlottesville. It was great to walk out of the hotel and just be able to stroll along the shops and restaurants without having to take the car out. The staff was wonderful, very polite and helpful. The room was comfy and the bed was nice. I loved all of the blankets on the bed.

I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was nice, quickly served and freshly made. Dinner was good, though I ordered a sandwich from the lunch menu (the sandwiches aren't on the dinner menu, but I just asked about them and she brought me the other menu). I had the turkey Panini, which had apple & gouda and it was fabulous!

All in all, a very nice stay. I would definitely stay there again if I were headed to that area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business