“Great hotel, great location”

Omni Charlottesville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is great, really nothing to remark besides maybe that not in every room a window can be opened.
But the location is fantastic, directly on the pedestrian area of Charlottesvill city center, with all shops and restaurants you want.
My clear favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank trippsz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Five of us arrived very early and were still able to check in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed to take a wine tour around Charlottesville and to have some meetings and really enjoyed our stay. We ate most of our meals at restaurants on the pedestrian mall (Main St) and enjoyed every one. Citizen Burger and the Whiskey Bar (serves lunch, too) were hits. The buffet breakfast included fresh blackberries and raspberries as well as omelets - service was great there, too. The hotel is older, as noted in other reviews and the bathroom was smaller than other hotels but it was immaculate, well kept and still felt plush. We self-parked which was easy and convenient. Bed was comfortable and drapes closed completely, despite windows on two full walls (I was on a corner). I plan to stay here again the next time I come to Charlottesville!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dafootes
New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Omni and enjoyed their great location adjoining the historic walking room. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Self-parking was convenient resulting in a saving of that expense.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cg15
Baltimore
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at the Omni in Charlottesville many times in the past (it is my go-to hotel because of the location at the foot of the downtown pedestrian mall), but this time surpassed all previous visits. I had signed up to be a select member prior to the visit and it paid off. My room was ready early, they brought cookies, milk, and water to my room in the evening, and coffee to my room the next day. The front desk clerks were helpful and cheerful. We had a minor problem with very noisy neighbors at 2:00 in the morning, but the front desk handled the problem immediately and followed up with us several times. We used the indoor pool and hot tub (there is also an outdoor pool). All are very well maintained. I was impressed all around. The breakfast buffet (a terrific value) has amazing choices, including gluten free cereals, local butters and breads, an omelet station, etc. I loved the buffet.

The hotel is located near the pedestrian mall which seems to be on an upswing as compared to the previous few years. From the hotel, you can walk to the historic Jackson Square. We had a terrific experience and can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: We had an interior room over-looking the atrium. We did not mind this at all, but some may think it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank drkarb
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the Omni Charlottesville over the years. We are thrilled that your most recent experience was the best yet and we appreciate you reviewing it on TripAdvisor. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The location and the staff were great. There was a trolley out front to get to the university. Afterward we walked back. Lots of restaurants and small shops in a historic street adjacent to the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonoma_CASusie
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

When we arrived for our stay the front desk was very efficient. They told us our room and the bell boy brought our things to the room. The problem was that the room was SO small that I just couldn't be comfortable in it. You could hardly close the bathroom door because the toilet was in the way. I explained my feelings to the bell boy and he said that we should tell the front desk and perhaps they could change the room. I called and at first they refused to do anything but then they called back and offered a larger room which was SO MUCH better. I was so grateful to the woman at the front desk for great customer service. However, I must say that the room itself was disappointing. The lighting in the bathroom was awful and the light buzzed continually while it was on. The restaurant for breakfast and lunch was excellent but we didn't try it for dinner. I wasn't impressed by the amenities and probably wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about your room because ours was so small you could barely turn around.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pambaknj
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointments you experienced with your room. I have noted your profile not to place you in the type of room you were initially blocked in so you will not encounter this problem in the future. I have also dispatched our engineering team to fix the problems you mentioned with the lighting. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and I hope you will accept my apology and allow us to serve you again.
Dartford
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Omni (never heard of the chain before) for 3 nights & I don't really have a bad word to say about it!
The staff were friendly, professional & very helpful, always trying to interact with my 18 month old son, who even got a goody bag on arrival which he loved. We had requested a crib which was waiting for us in the room (very few other hotels did this on our trip). The room was well fitted & modern, not the biggest considering there were 3 of us, but there was still room to move around comfortably.
The location was fantastic, the sights of downtown Charlottesville was right outside the door.
We made good use of the pool, which was clean and quiet.
It appeared that we would have to pay for parking when we arrived, however this is for people using the hotel for conferences, just say you're a guest & its free. I would advise signing up to the Select guest scheme as this gives you free wifi & other bits & bobs.
All in all we had a great time & would definitely stay in an Omni again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family