Omni Charlottesville
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$129
$113
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$143
$125
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$174
$162
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$161
$134
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$124
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlottesville - UVA Medical(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$119
La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotels.com
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
$194
Official Site
Comfort Inn Monticello(Charlottesville)
TripAdvisor
1,928 results
All reviewspedestrian mallgreat locationselect guestself parkingrestaurants and shopscorner roombreakfast buffetoutdoor malloutdoor poolexcellent hotelmain streetbusiness tripfront desk stafffitness centerhistoric downtownexcellent stayeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hard to beat the location if you are interested in enjoying the historic downtown of Charlottesville situated right outside the door of the Omni.

Inside however I was disappointed. I had stayed here a year previously and had no issues. This year however I am experiencing a variety of issues. The room I am in is located next to a loud service room which is sounds like they are throwing dishes around in every few minutes. They only time I don't hear that is when the air conditioner kicks on or off which provides a uniquely different but equally distracting noise.

I paid for the premium wireless which said could be used for gaming and watching videos. However my connect keeps bouncing from two to four bars and my skype calls make it sound like I am on the other end of the world with choppy delays. Although, they refunded me I was disappointed they don't offer a wired solution in room for those not situated right next to their wireless router.

Lastly, they have pulled every spare penny out of the room. No envelopes or pens to be found in this room. I needed to make note and searched high and low and could not find a pen anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the service closets and where wifi might be existent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tmacrock
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The second visit was as good as the first. The location is wonderful, right on the pedestrian mall in Charlottesville. Walk out the door and you have access to a movie theatre, ice skating rink, lots of great dinning options including outside dinning and shops. We were there on a Saturday and there were vendors set up selling scarfs, etc. Plus some musicians playing. It was a cool place.

We were in a corner room over looking the mall. Although the room was maybe a bit smaller than the regular room it had a nice view and overall was a very nice room with windows on 2 of the 3 walls. It would have been nice to have a King vs the Queen, but no big deal. Not just the usual hotel room. They have a nicely stocked mini bar for an extra fee. Sign up for the Omni Select Guest Loyalty program so you can take advantage of some nice perks. As others have stated it makes the check -in a breeze and gives you some free perks. It's nice to just have the bottled water.

Yes the Valet parking is $10 but you can do the self park if you want. When on vacation it is nice to be taken care of. The valet staff is super attentive. We even got 2 bottles of water for our ride home.

We were there for Mother's Day Weekend and they have a great buffet set up in the lobby area.

Overall it is great hotel, in a great location, with great staff. I would highly recommend the Omni and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner room is a cool setup overlooking the pedestrian mall.
1  Thank tikihutmom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in May 2013. Hotel has a great location in downtown. Room was quiet, a good size and beds were comfortable, though bathroom a bit small. We could hear sounds from the corridor through the door but not too much of a problem. Staff were fantastic - very helpful and could not do enough. We were originally booked on the rack rate but after one night, we researched the price on the web and found the rate was much cheaper. When we spoke to the front desk, they immediately put us on the new rate with no fuss. On our arrival, we found sheets had marks - we asked for them to be changed and this was carried out immediately and we got a bottle of wine as an apology. We did find marks on sheets after this but they had been washed but I guess they should really be replaced. Good tip - do not need to use valet parking as can park own car under the hotel. Overall, a solid choice for the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nice place, but a little outdated. Our AC did not work in the room. This is a typical business hotel, decent amenities, needs a remodeling, busy for holidays, so a dream vacation.......no way.
We stayed in a basic king room, and it was mediocre at best. Plenty of great spots to eat within walking distance.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was super impressed with our stay here. I grew up in Charlottesville the Omni was where you went for brunch when I was a kid it is well located on the downtown mall (an open pedestrian mall). When I got the opportunity to go back to Charlottesville and had a few days activities on the mall I decided to stay at the Omni for convenience and I was curious after all these years. I was signed up for the select program from stays at other Omnis. I was checked in when I got there the arrival process took seconds! The staff was very very friendly you even have turn down service. The rooms are quite comfortable and newly refurbished. The matresses are comfortable and I got an amazing night's sleep to the point I was wondering if I could order a similar mattress myself. We took advantage of the fitness center and whirlpool. The gym had a good variety of equipment and was clean and uncrowned with filtered water available. Overall it was a peaceful relaxing stay with all the hassles sorted out for us. Add to that free garage parking and not having to drive to many great restaurants and bars it was a top rate experience.

2  Thank meandros
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We are glad you return home from Charlottesville was made even better with a stay at the Omni. Thank you for sharing the many details of what made your stay enjoyable and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you back to the area.