“Fab Hotel I would recommend it”

Omni Charlottesville
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in the Omni hotel in Charlottesville on March 19-21and we were very happy with our choice. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very clean, bright and modern. I had put in a request for an upper floor and they gave me a room in the 7th (top) floor. Ana in reception was very helpful and even wrote out some information for us. The breakfast is really good value and delicious. The breakfast area itself is bright and sunny. There is a shopping mall right beside the hotel with lots of art galleries, souvenier shops and cafes. There is a free trolley that takes you to the downtown university area and you can pick that up right outside the door. Take the No 7 bus to the Fashion Area for a bigger shopping mall. The glass lift is amazing and it goes right up through the centre of the hotel overlooking a bright foyer/atrium. The hotel also gave us a free shuttle to the amtrak station which by the way is only about 10 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MRB22
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Charlottesville on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and found it convenient to so much of Charlottesville. We appreciate all of your comments and hope you will return soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my second visit to the Omni. I didn't write a review last time, but I had the same experience. The location, steps from the pedestrian-only downtown area, is great. The staff is consistently friendly and helpful. But everything else is just okay.

The public areas, including the restaurant, are very dated. The bedrooms are clean, and attractive enough, but the beds and pillows are only of average comfort. This last visit, my room (one of dozens) faced the courtyard-style lobby, so basically you have to keep your drapes closed if you don't want people to be able to see in.

I had to move rooms the first night because I could literally hear EVERYTHING the people (and the TV they were blasting) were saying through the thin walls.

New room was quieter, but the toilet ran and the shower spray was very weak.

I came back the next day at 3:45 pm and my room had still not been serviced.

Staying there is all very "eh," but the best part is that the staff is so responsive and courteous that you at least get that great feeling of relief to know that they care/will help if you ask.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is truly invaluable and helps us to consistently offer the best hospitality in Charlottesville. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had. If you would be kind enough to reach out and give us the date and room number of your stay, I will ensure our engineering team fixes the issues you encountered and we circle back with housekeeping on why your room was not serviced. Additionally, we can note on your guest profile to keep you in outside facing rooms and at the end of hallways to try and ensure a more peaceful and quiet stay in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and allowing us to serve you.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Overall, this is a nice hotel in a great location in Charlottesville. I especially appreciate its proximity to the downtown walking area, shopping and restaurants. I have stayed in numerous hotels throughout Charlottesville (Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Cavalier Inn) and this has been my favorite thus far. There is plentiful parking for free in the adjacent parking structure. It has a decent workout facility and the pool area appeared to be perfect for travelers with children.

The Pointe Restaurant leaves a little to be desired, and with the number of good places nearby, I would recommend skipping it altogether. The Whiskey Jar is right next door and has fantastic food and atmosphere. Walk down the street for the C&O Restaurant for fine dining. Go to Cafe Cubano about 200 yards walk for breakfast and coffee in the morning. When I come to Charlottesville, I go to the Bikram Yoga just 3-4 minutes walk from the hotel. They have a weeklong introductory offer of "all you can yoga" for just $20.

For the Omni staff, please review the accuracy of the prices and descriptions of the menu in the restaurant. I ordered the calamari appetizer at the bar one night...the menu described it as being seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and coming with a form of Basil ailoli. Instead it wasn't seasoned at all, and the dipping sauce was a lame marinara. I was charged a dollar more than the price listed in the menu!

On the downside, my room assignment was the opposite of my Select Guest preference. I prefer away from the elevator and on a high floor. I was immediately next to the elevator and on a middle floor. The room was very loud and the door/walls were like paper. The first night a bunch of loud kids in the room next to me awoke me at 0200. I could hear every word they said. The next night, there was a barking dog in the room next to me. On the third night a family with a crying baby was placed in the room next to me. Ugh...

Readers should not let these criticisms stop them from reserving a room at the Omni. It is, overall, the best place to stay in C-Ville. I will stay here again, but I will be more assertive when it comes to room choice.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators -- doors and walls are paperthin!
1  Thank you_can't_win
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest with us. We strive to consistently offer exemplary service and accommodations and clearly, we failed in some areas and I am truly sorry for that. Your comments have been shared with our management teams to ensure training is conducted in each of these areas. We are glad that overall you find us to be the best hotel option in Charlottesville and we look forward to an opportunity to make your next say with us one that leaves you feeling as if all of your needs have been met and exceeded.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel and the people working in it are among the finest!! I only regret I didn't take advantage of more of the special free perks-- like getting two articles of clothing pressed a day.
They fixed the hot tub very quickly when it broke, sent up a fridge upon request, and you cannot beat the location... :) wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for recommending the Omni Bedford Springs Resort as a great place for a getaway. We appreciate your compliments but also your feedback regarding your dining experiences. We will be sure to share those comments with our Food and Beverage team. We appreciate you choosing our resort for your time away and we hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Will only stay at the Omni in Charlottesville from now on. Excellent front desk and employee customer service. Great atmosphere at the hotel and quiet in the rooms. Location is amazing with tons of restaurants and shops nearby. Fitness room and pool were super clean. You feel special when you stay here. Shouldn't all hotels be that way?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

What a pleasure for us to read that we are now your preferred hotel in Charlottesville. Thank you for sharing your kind feedback on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here again for a meeting. Staff very friendly, as always. Quick check-in. Make sure to review your check-in papers and your end-of-stay bill, however. We were charged for valet parking by the express check-in although we had self-parked. This was resolved quickly with a phone call to the front desk. We were charged the pet fee twice on our two night stay although it is supposed to be one fee for the entire visit. Again, this was removed from the bill once pointed out. Had one minor issue with housekeeping but a manager was quick to respond after we mentioned it on the survey. The location on the Downtown Mall cannot be beat. The rooms are blissfully quiet. As a "Select Guest" member we received complimentary coffee (or juice or tea) in the AM delivered to our door. Planning to come back for another conference later this year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Although we regret that there were issues with your bill and housekeeping, we are delighted to read that they were quickly taken care of. We are glad to read that you always find our associates to be friendly and helpful and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Making reservation was like going through beauracracy. Hotel wouldn't take reservation and goes to central and puts me on hold forever and I'm making reservation from 2 blocks away from the hotel. I spent 30 minutes dealing with that. Check-in was ok, room was ok but not worth 200 bucks, very thin wall. I hate to compare but I would get the same minus the reservation run around from hotels Holiday Inn or Radisson with half the price.

Room Tip: Not sure. I checked in late and my room was on 3rd floor with no view at all. Perhaps higher floor m...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank khaled a

We are extremely sorry that you had such a negative experience in making your reservations and that your stay was below your expectations. Our goal is to consistently offer superior service to every single guest who stays with us and clearly we failed in some areas. We would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you so that we may apologize for falling short of your expectations and our own. We hope that you will consider giving us a future chance to provide you with a great stay.